Training Doyens is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is valid for 3 PDC for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org.
We all have so much data! At times, it is an enormous task to make sense out of that data. In this data analysis using Excel course, you will learn all of the tools to be able to use that data, quickly and easily find the data you’re looking for and then put that data into understandable formats in order to see trends and learn what your data has to offer you.
Here is a summary of the tools you will know after attending this boot camp:
• Managing and analyzing data in Excel through the use of Sorting, Filtering, and Subtotaling
• Applying, Sorting and Filtering using Conditional Formatting
• Advanced management of data through Excel Tables
• Understanding the basics of Microsoft Excel PivotTables
• Set up a usable database
• Sort data by single and multiple columns
• Sort data by row
• Summarize data in Excel from multiple worksheets
• Filter for specific data sets
• Custom filter for text, numbers and dates
• Save a filter for re-use
• Apply conditional formatting for quick analysis
• Sort and filter using colors and icons from conditional formatting
• Create, view, and remove subtotals
• Split complex data into separate columns for ideal filtering and sorting
• Learn the benefits of tables
• Learn which features you cannot use in a table
• Create and modify tables
• Learn how tables are named and why that is important
• Add and delete data in a table
• Use tables to filter multiple lists on a single worksheet
• Calculate data in a table
• Use the table’s total row
• Find duplicate table data
• Format tables with styles
• Use slicers as a visual alternative to filters
• Converting tables to normal ranges of data and why
• How to create Pivot Table in Excel and modify its structure
• Filter and Sort the data in an MS Excel PivotTable
• Change the PivotTable calculations
• Show pivoted data in terms of percentages
• Refresh the PivotTable based on changes in the original database
• Group date fields to view the data over different time periods
• Advanced PivotTables and how toformat a PivotTable
• Drill down to the source of data from a PivotTable
• Use Slicers to make filtering a PivotTable simple
• Learn the benefit of refreshing PivotTable based on tables
You will begin by organizing data through the use of sorting, filtering and creating subtotals. We can augment those tools by using conditional formatting. Putting that data into Excel’s Table format, we gain additional tools for manipulating the data, as well as being able to work with that data as an independent source of data separate from anything else on the worksheet. Once we have the data needed to analyze identified, we will put in into a summary report using MS Excel PivotTables.
• Business Owners
• CEO's / CFO's / CTO's
• Financial Consultants
• IT Professionals
• Human Resource Personnel
• Anybody with large amounts of data
• Anybody who uses Microsoft Excel on a regular basis, and wants to be more efficient and productive
Years of Experience: 44+ years
Areas of Expertise: Microsoft Office
Cathy Horwitz believes that when your employees know the capabilities of the software they use, they will demonstrate improved productivity, will be more efficient and will be able to problem solve more easily.
Cathy teaches classes on the Microsoft suite of application software including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access and Outlook. Cathy has over 30 years of experience in classroom training and application support with personal computers and has been an instructor for the Microsoft Office Suite since 1989.
Her strengths include customizing classes based on the needs of individual students and providing realistic business examples to compliment training. She is a high energy trainer with a flair for training the adult student.
When not teaching, Cathy enjoys shopping estate sales and refinishing mid-century furniture.