Training Doyens is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is valid for 1.5 PDC for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org.
COVID-19 concerns have permeated the workplace and many HR professionals and employers are scrambling to get the most updated information for their employees and their customers to reduce fears and to provide guidance to ensure support and offer alternatives to maintain employment and prepare during this crisis.
That being said, along with health concerns, safety concerns and reliable communications, businesses are desperate to make decisions quickly when they may not have all the necessary facts to make informed decisions. Moreover, the decisions they make may not be in the best interest for the business or for employees. This training will provide a strategic overview of how can managers support employees, how to develop and implement a new company policy, and what employers need to put in place to make decisions that will impact their workforce temporarily and allow them to transition back to normalcy without losing their workforce.
How leaders perform during a crisis determines how their employees will see their company. When the decisions made impact employees it would be prudent to include the appropriate employees or if nothing else, include the managers before the decision goes out to the employees since they will need to explain the decision. Additionally, including your managers may provide you with the necessary feedback on the impact the decisions will make on the business thereby, creating alternatives.
• Case studies of companies who have made decisions based on premature information and have lost some of their workforce
• Why furlough could be an effective way to keep your employees during these turbulent times? How to keep furloughed employees engaged?
• Employers who have decided to lay-off employees instead of furlough to manage the current situation. What can employee expect to receive from the federal requirements?
• How employers can enhance their support to the employees?
• How can employers integrate the new federal laws and regulations for employees with decisions that were made before?
• How to inform staff about changes to policies and procedures?
• Employment downsizing and its alternatives
• Strategic communication in crisis management
• What regulations need to be part of the communication plan
• The Health and Safety component is critical. What can employers provide to their employees that already exists so they can focus on their business? Include the reliable National Resources CDC, WHO, OSHA and to share with your team. Refer to State regulations when applicable for local resources.
• How do we define Reduced Hours, Furloughs, Layoffs and Termination during the pandemic?
• Are those employers who decide to reduce staffing impact the eligibility for their employees to receive federal and state resources?
• All Employers
• Business Owners
• Company Leadership
• Small business owners
• Compliance professionals
• Payroll Administrators
• HR Professionals
• Compliance Professionals
• Employers in all industries
• Small Business Owners
Years of Experience: 14+ years
Areas of Expertise: HR Management and Compliance
Margie Faulk is a senior-level human resources professional with over 14 years of HR management and compliance experience. A current Compliance Advisor for HR Compliance Solutions, LLC, Margie, has worked as an HR Compliance advisor for major corporations and small businesses in the small, large, private, public and Non-profit sectors. Margie has provided small to large businesses with risk management strategies that protect companies and reduces potential workplace fines and penalties from violation of employment regulations. Margie is bilingual (Spanish) fluent and bi-cultural.
Margie is a speaker and accomplished trainer and has created and presented compliance seminars/webinars for US and International organizations. Margie offers compliance training to HR professionals, business owners, and leadership to ensure compliance with workplace and regulations.
Margie holds professional human resources certification (PHR) from the HR Certification Institution (HRCI) and SHRM-CP certification from the Society for Human Resources Management. Margie is a member of the Society of Corporate Compliance & Ethics (SCCE).View all trainings by this speaker