Training Doyens is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is valid for 1 PDC for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org.
Ms. Nash-Hoff’s presentation will cover what is a true understanding of the “Total Cost of Ownership” (TCO) concept and discuss how to establish a secure supply chain and what can be done to mitigate disruptions as conditions change due to unexpected crises such as COVID-19, natural disasters, and transportation bottlenecks. Case studies of companies that have successfully returned manufacturing to the U.S. using a Total Cost of Ownership Analysis will be presented.
Moving manufacturing offshore led to the loss of 5.8 million manufacturing jobs and the loss of 60,000 companies since the year 2000. As a result, the U.S. lost the ability to manufacture all the products needed to protect the health and welfare of Americans and protect our national security. What was the impact on the American economy?
In this webinar, Michele Nash-Hoff will provide information on how and why companies should conduct a Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) analysis to make the decision of whether or not they can return your manufacturing to America. Attendees will learn to understand the hidden costs and risks of manufacturing offshore and the advantages of manufacturing in the U.S.
• Elements of indirect and direct expenses that are involved in a Total Cost of Ownership Analysis
• Hidden costs involved in outsourcing and the consequences of ignoring these costs
• How to use the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) Worksheet calculator developed by the Reshoring Initiative
• What has been the success in returning manufacturing to America using the TCO worksheet since its founding in 2010
• How to select the rights parts and products to return to America
• Case studies of companies that have successfully returned manufacturing to America using a TCO analysis
Attendees will have a clear understanding of how and why it is beneficial to do a Total Cost of Ownership Analysis to determine if they can return manufacturing to America.
• Presidents/CEOs/CFOs, owners and/or managers of Original Equipment Manufacturers and contract manufacturers
• Owners, managers, and procurement personnel of job shop companies that are Tier 2 and below suppliers to OEMs.
• Supply chain professionals
• Purchasing managers, supervisors, purchasing agents, buyers
Years of Experience: 15+ years
Areas of Expertise: Sales Processes for Manufacturing Industry
Michele is founder and president of ElectroFab Sales, a sales agency specializing in helping manufacturers select the right processes for their products since 1985. Michele has been president of several professional and non-profit organizations. She is currently a director on the board of the American Jobs Alliance and Chair of the California chapter of the Coalition for a Prosperous America.
Michele earned a B. A. from San Diego State University and a certificate in Total Quality Management in 1993. She is a 1994 graduate of San Diego's leadership program (LEAD San Diego) and earned a Yellow Belt Certificate in Lean Six Sigma in 2014. She is the author of three books, the latest being the 2012 edition of Can American Manufacturing Be Saved: Why we should and how we can. She is a columnist for Industry Week's e newsline and an authorized speaker for the Reshoring Initiative.View all trainings by this speaker