Training Doyens is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is valid for 1 PDC for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org.
Ms. Nash-Hoff’s presentation will cover what is a true understanding of the “Total Cost of Ownership” (TCO) concept and discuss how to establish a secure supply chain and what can be done to mitigate disruptions as conditions change due to unexpected crises such as COVID-19, natural disasters, and transportation bottlenecks.
It is crucial for American companies to make the right decision on where to source manufacturing to have a secure supply chain. Choosing the wrong location can mean the difference between success and failure as a company. Companies need to learn how important it is to carefully consider all of the factors that impact the decision of where to source manufacturing.
As a result of this presentation, attendees will understand how to handle risks and disruptions in the supply chain to maintain operations and prepare for the future. The importance of business strategy in supply chain will also be discussed.
• Why it is important to understand Total Cost of Ownership
• Why it is important to consider supplier geographical location
• What are the transportation alternatives for each supplier
• What is the importance of technological depth, reserve capacity & responsiveness of suppliers
• What is the effect of supplier selection on inventory costs and quality controls
• What are the advantages of using “Buy American” and “Buy Local” as a guideline
• Supply chain security best practices
Attendees will have a clear understanding of the critical factors involved in establishing and maintaining a secure supply chain. They will learn about supply chain security management, supply chain security policy, Total Cost of Ownership Analysis and more.
• Presidents/CEOs/CFOs, owners and/or managers of Original Equipment Manufacturers and contract manufacturers
• Owners, managers, and procurement personnel of job shop companies that are Tier 2 and below suppliers to OEMs.
• Supply chain professionals
• Purchasing managers, supervisors, purchasing agents, buyers
Years of Experience: 15+ years
Areas of Expertise: Sales Processes for Manufacturing Industry
Michele is founder and president of ElectroFab Sales, a sales agency specializing in helping manufacturers select the right processes for their products since 1985. Michele has been president of several professional and non-profit organizations. She is currently a director on the board of the American Jobs Alliance and Chair of the California chapter of the Coalition for a Prosperous America.
Michele earned a B. A. from San Diego State University and a certificate in Total Quality Management in 1993. She is a 1994 graduate of San Diego's leadership program (LEAD San Diego) and earned a Yellow Belt Certificate in Lean Six Sigma in 2014. She is the author of three books, the latest being the 2012 edition of Can American Manufacturing Be Saved: Why we should and how we can. She is a columnist for Industry Week's e newsline and an authorized speaker for the Reshoring Initiative.View all trainings by this speaker