Training Doyens is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is valid for 1.5 PDC for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org.
With the arrival of Coronavirus, business leaders must plan and execute a thoughtful, comprehensive and purposeful business continuity and crisis management. This webinar explains how can we effectively address our current situation, what is business continuity management and what should a business continuity plan include.
• Are you concerned about your businesses’ response to influenza pandemic?
• What about lost productivity?
• Would you like to develop and/or update your current pandemic business continuity plan?
• Have you been concerned about your employees’ response to the coronavirus?
• Would you like to be able to more effectively deal with current circumstances?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then come listen and learn as Chris DeVany leads us all through these important topics, key questions and answers we all need to be able to address pandemic threats effectively.
• Pandemic influenza defined
• Why businesses should act
2. Understanding Pandemic Influenza
• The agent
• Infection timeline
• Secondary consequences of pandemic influenza
3. Principles in Pandemic Planning
• Understand the risk
• Focus on actions
• Raise worker awareness
• Keep your business in business
• Collaborate with others
• Business continuity management policy
4. Planning for Pandemic Influenza
• Objective 1: Get organized
• Objective 2: Assess the risks
• Objective 3: Protect employee health
• Objective 4: Prepare employee policies
• Objective 5: Plan for business continuity
• Objective 6: Prepare for supply and service interruption
• Objective 7: Prepare to fill vacancies
• Objective 8: Inform employees
• Objective 9: Inform other stakeholders
• Objective 10: Prepare a pandemic business continuity plan
5. Pandemic Influenza Management Plan Format Example
By attending the webinar, you will understand how to even more effectively:
• Understand what influenza pandemic is
• Utilize principles in effective pandemic influenza business planning
• Execute a 10-point pandemic influenza business plan
• Review a sample pandemic influenza business plan
• Access additional resources to help guide you
• Senior Vice President
• Vice President
• Executive Director
• Managing Director
• Regional Vice President
• Area Supervisor
Years of Experience: 37+ years
Areas of Expertise: Management and Organizational Development
Chris DeVany is the Founder and President of Pinnacle Performance Improvement Worldwide, a firm which focuses on management and organizational development. Pinnacle’s clients include global organizations such as Visa International, Cadence Design Systems, Coca Cola, Sprint, Microsoft, Aviva Insurance, Schlumberger and over 500 other organizations in 22 countries. He has been a consultant to government agencies like the Federal Government of the United States, the Royal Government of Saudi Arabia, Government of Canada, Government of Cayman Islands and Her Majesty's Government of the United Kingdom.
He has published numerous articles in the fields of surviving mergers and acquisitions, surviving change, project management, management, sales, team-building, leadership, ethics, customer service, diversity and work-life balance. His publications range widely, touching all important aspects, right from ASTD/Performance in Practice to Customer Service Management. His book, “90 Days to a High-Performance Team”, published by McGraw Hill, has helped executives, managers and team leaders improve their performance and professional decisions. Chris has been interviewed for various radio and television programs.
He has assisted organizations in merger, acquisitions and facilitated post-merger and acquisition integration. He has also actively been a mentor in developing project management, sales, customer service and marketing strategies, in-bound and out-bound call center programs, training and development management and new hirees. Fostering corporate growth through creative change and innovative initiatives is his forte! He is a Boston University alumnus, with degrees in management studies and organizational behavior.View all trainings by this speaker