Financial analysis is an area of opportunity and risk. Analysis should incorporate tests of sensitivity to changes in key variables using the most advanced tools available. Typical financial forecasting models do not effectively utilize these tools. This exposes the analyst to blind spots in their analysis. Analysts will want to obtain and become proficient in the use of the more sophisticated “what if” analysis tools of the trade.
Learn best practices for designing efficient financial forecasting models. Learn how to apply spinner and scroll bar controls, goal seek, data tables, and Excel scenario manager to your models in just 90 minutes.
Experienced CGMA and financial analyst, Miles Hutchinson will demonstrate the Excel’s sensitivity tool for you. He will provide practical instructions and guidance for applying them and will help you identify the key cautions to avoid potential misfires.
• 20 rules of effective financial forecasting model design
• Applying Scroll Bars to individual cells to flex them over their relative ranges with the touch of your mouse
• Using Goal Seek to discover how much a single variable must move to reach a desired outcome
• Using Data Tables with one or two-inputs to deliver an array of outcomes from your model in just seconds
• Using Excel Scenario Manager to store selected groupings of inputs and resulting outcomes
o Use Scenario Manager to consolidate all ”versions” of your model into one file
o Use the standard Scenario Summary to compare your Scenarios automatically
• Expand your financial modeling skills to a level you never dreamed of in just 90 minutes!
• Bonus – download a copy of the demo model along and the answer key to our demonstration!
Attend this briefing and demonstration on Excel to unleash its powerful sensitivity tools. Get the full power out of your financial models. Improve your financial modeling skills and the design of your models by taking advantage of these tools in just 90 mins.
• Financial Analysts
• Business Analysts
• Information Reporting Officers
• Tax Managers
• Compliance Officers
• Compliance Managers
• Accounting Managers
• Risk Managers
Years of Experience: 35+ years
Areas of Expertise: Financial Analysis and Modeling, Accounting, Strategic Planning, and Compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
Miles Hutchinson is a CGMA (Chartered Global Management Accountant) and experienced businessman. He has been an auditor with PriceWaterhouseCoopers and the Chief Financial Officer of a $1 billion real estate development company. Miles is a professional speaker and consultant who has presented over 2,000 seminars and training sessions on a myriad of business and financial topics, like financial analysis and modeling, accounting, strategic planning, and compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
He has over 35 years of practical experience in strategic planning, analysis and reporting. He is the author of several useful reporting and tax tools. His clients include, Abbott Labs, Bank of America, Boston Scientific, Citicorp, Corning, the FBI, the FDA, the Federal Reserve, GE, Pfizer, Siemens, US Marine Corps, and the US Army.View all trainings by this speaker