Training Doyens is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is valid for 1.5 PDC for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org.
How do we manage projects and customer relationships effectively? How do we understand the full scope of a customer “project”? How do we assemble the necessary resources to effectively manage a customer relationship and attendant projects? To whom do we delegate specific responsibilities and when? These are among a number of questions we discuss and about which we learn as we strive to effectively manage projects and the customers whose project we are managing.
Would you like to get more (or all!) of the projects you manage on time and on budget?
Are you concerned about people on your project teams not knowing enough about how to effectively manage a project? What about yourself?
Would you like some help to more effectively manage your projects?
Would you like to more effectively manage others’ expectations?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then come laugh, listen and learn as Chris DeVany leads us all through those important topics, key questions and answers we all need to be able to address effectively to improve our communication effectiveness, improve our team members’ and team’s performance, adding to the bottom-line!
Introduction to Project Management
• What is a project?
• What is project management?
• What skills do you need to effectively manage projects?
• Why is project management needed?
• Leading contributors to project success
Identifying Needs, Starting Toward Solutions
• Identifying stakeholder needs and expectations
• Identifying roles and responsibilities
• Creating a scope document
• Gaining stakeholders’ consensus and approval
Scheduling and Teaming
• Creating a work breakdown structure
• Performing risk management
• Creating a project schedule
• Creating a budget
• Creating a project team
Management Planning and Execution
• Creating a communication plan
• Track the project and resolve issues
• Manage resources
Managing Project Success and Customer Satisfaction Success
• Managing quality
• Managing change
• Project closure
• Conducting a project review
• Identifying the lessons learned
• Compiling a project report
By attending, you will understand how to even more effectively:
• Understand the essentials of project management
• Plan for identifying project needs
• Practice scheduling and teaming
• Create the necessary plans which will allow you to more effectively manage projects to success
• Help you to more effectively manage others’ expectations
• Keep projects on track
• Gain knowledge and skills you can apply to all project team situations
• Keep content, process and structure on track to produce positive outcomes
• Senior Vice President
• Vice President
• Executive Director
• Managing Director
• Regional Vice President
• Area Supervisor
Years of Experience: 37+ years
Areas of Expertise: Management and Organizational Development
Chris DeVany is the Founder and President of Pinnacle Performance Improvement Worldwide, a firm which focuses on management and organizational development. Pinnacle’s clients include global organizations such as Visa International, Cadence Design Systems, Coca Cola, Sprint, Microsoft, Aviva Insurance, Schlumberger and over 500 other organizations in 22 countries. He has been a consultant to government agencies like the Federal Government of the United States, the Royal Government of Saudi Arabia, Government of Canada, Government of Cayman Islands and Her Majesty's Government of the United Kingdom.
He has published numerous articles in the fields of surviving mergers and acquisitions, surviving change, project management, management, sales, team-building, leadership, ethics, customer service, diversity and work-life balance. His publications range widely, touching all important aspects, right from ASTD/Performance in Practice to Customer Service Management. His book, “90 Days to a High-Performance Team”, published by McGraw Hill, has helped executives, managers and team leaders improve their performance and professional decisions. Chris has been interviewed for various radio and television programs.
He has assisted organizations in merger, acquisitions and facilitated post-merger and acquisition integration. He has also actively been a mentor in developing project management, sales, customer service and marketing strategies, in-bound and out-bound call center programs, training and development management and new hirees. Fostering corporate growth through creative change and innovative initiatives is his forte! He is a Boston University alumnus, with degrees in management studies and organizational behavior.View all trainings by this speaker