As more and more demands are made on everyone’s time at work and as the basic mantra for every organization becomes, “Do more with less!” everyone must become more efficient. The big question is, “How do I do that? I’m already dancing as fast as I can!” The old standbys of the To-Do List, using some complicated organizing tools or ‘working smarter’ just don’t make it in today’s high-pressure world. This strategic planning skills training looks at approaches which help you move from the tactical to the strategic while focusing on what’s most important and letting go of time-wasters.
Walk away with:
• A more efficient and effective way to manage your time, your workload, and extra assignments
• Ability to meet the goals you are assigned and set for yourself
• Tips and techniques to apply on the job and in life
You cannot afford to destroy your health, personal life, and results through inefficiency in today's highly competitive world. The tools of yesterday don't match up to today's needs. Without a more strategic approach to accomplishing your work and meeting your organization's demands, you will slowly sink below the weight of too much work and too little time. This webinar focuses on how to improve your time management skills at work.
A. What’s the context for managing my time?
1. What’s most important for the organization?
2. What organization goals impact my work?
3. What are the guiding principles for my decision making?
B. Where am I now?
1. Ending the tyranny of the To-Do list
2. How to prioritize tasks in the workplace?
3. What are my biggest challenges and time-wasters?
4. What never gets done? What must get done, no matter what?
5. How do I create a change in plan?
C. How can strategic planning skills help me manage time?
1. Using a simple approach to planning more strategically
2. Setting priorities with prioritization tools
3. Scheduling and tracking multiple priorities
4. Dealing with risks; expected and unexpected
5. Create a tactical plan based on my strategic plan
6. Effective time management strategies
D. What approaches will help meet my challenges?
1. Understanding my place in organizational goals
2. Setting SMART objectives for my work
3. Creating a flexible plan for ongoing and special work
4. Managing multiple priorities, projects and deadlines
5. Delegating effectively; Why, When, What and How
6. Using the WIN approach to daily decisions about time management
7. Understanding my work style preferences and using them effectively
8. Dealing with procrastination and impulsive action
E. Putting my plan into action
1. How to manage multiple tasks at work?
2. Monitoring results
3. Getting back on track and modifying my plan
F. What’s my action plan?
1. Time management step-by-step: applying all the time management techniques systematically
2. Continuously improving my planning, execution, and results
You will add value to your work style and performance as you are more able to:
• Understand how to prioritize tasks in the workplace and plan your work effectively using simple strategic tools
• Use time efficiently while eliminating time wasters and time wasting
• Delegate appropriately and skillfully while managing multiple priorities, projects and deadlines
• Improve your time management techniques continuously
These skills will help you achieve your goals and meet your management's expectations of your results and performance.
• Individual contributors
• Managers at every level
• Executives who find themselves overwhelmed with time constraints
Years of Experience: 25+ years
Areas of Expertise: Strategic Planning, Leadership, Team Management, and Organizational Development
I work with companies around the world that want strategic leaders and engaged employees to increase bottom- and top-line results and delight customers. You achieve your goals through strategic planning and leadership, management, team, and organizational development. Draw on my proven ability to mentor you through major change. My team works with you to craft customized, successful solutions to your complex business issues in all economic sectors. Our mission is your success.
Leadership teams execute robust strategic plans with measurable outcomes using my results-driven, Success Planning: A ‘How-To’ Guide for Strategic Planning.The methodology is further customized in the forthcoming Success Planning for Nonprofits: Evidenced-Based Strategic Planning.I documented strategic leadership practices of 20 modern executives and key Constitutional framers in Conventional Wisdom: How Today’s Leaders Plan, Perform, and Progress Like the Founding Fathers.
For over 25 years, Ihave contributed improved organizational value as a leader, manager, keynoter, educator, and consultant honored by organizations on four continents. I am a Ph.D. in organizational development, MBTI® Master Practitioner, a National Speakers Association Professional Member, and St. Petersburg Engineering AcademyForeign Member.View all trainings by this speaker