"Managing Up" is the way we describe working effectively with our boss. When you have more than one boss, this is not an option. Learn to use your talents and skills for managing multiple bosses. Enhance your skills and learn new ones, especially in communication to be more efficient, effective, and successful, overcoming challenges and getting the results all your bosses expect.
Most people find it challenging enough to work well with even ONE boss. If you're working with two bosses – or MORE – the challenge may seem insurmountable. Dealing with the workload is tough, but now you must manage multiple communications styles, sets of expectations, schedules, projects, and more. This can mean multiple headaches. Even if the "official” designation is 50% of your time for Mr. A. and 50% of your time for Ms. B., the reality is BOTH may act as if 100% of your time is devoted to them! Today, many businesses are organized so it is common to report to several different managers. For many professionals being assigned to 3 or more people is the rule rather than the exception. You can thrive in this new world and function successfully, effectively, and efficiently. Learn to manage up in a diplomatic, practical, and successful way, to get your work done and keep all your bosses satisfied.
Working for multiple bosses can be frustrating, intimidating, and emotionally draining. No matter what level in the organization you occupy, having more than one person calling the shots require agility and stamina. Learn strategies for working with multiple bosses to recognize the requirements of differing personalities, plan to integrate all assignments, negotiate coordination among bosses, communicate effectively, and get the results each boss expects. Learn the art of managing multiple projects and how to adapt to this sort of management successfully while minimizing stress and struggle.
• What are your challenges and strengths while managing multiple bosses?
• How will you navigate these challenges successfully?
• Understanding your bosses' communication and work styles, and learning how to communicate with your boss effectively
• Flexing to work and communicate more effectively with each distinctive style
• How to improve relationship with boss; 3 steps to better relationships
• Effective time management skills
• The hidden secrets of Aligned Assertive communication
• The difference between hearing and listening; Active Listening
• Growing yourself and your career
Learn battle-tested techniques for managing multiple bosses and your own time. In today's world of "do more with less" and reduced staff to accomplish the mandatory results, many people find themselves reporting to more than one person and becoming frustrated with contradictory demands. Learn to turn these challenges into accomplishments as you become more adept at meeting their differing needs. You'll discover how to:
• Identify the preferred communication and work style of each manager and flex your own style to be compatible while managing multiple projects
• Set up clear plans, schedules, and concrete expectations up front to avoid crises, miscommunication, and frustration
• Use aligned assertive communication to set boundaries, "manage up,” and define priorities
• Develop strategies and tactics to resolve conflicts among different managers' expectations
• Convert the experience of multiple managers into a positive learning and growth opportunity to advance your career
• Administrative Assistants
• Executive Assistants
• "Bosses" who must deal with multiple bosses.
• Anyone with more than one boss
Years of Experience: 25+ years
Areas of Expertise: Strategic Planning, Leadership, Team Management, and Organizational Development
I work with companies around the world that want strategic leaders and engaged employees to increase bottom- and top-line results and delight customers. You achieve your goals through strategic planning and leadership, management, team, and organizational development. Draw on my proven ability to mentor you through major change. My team works with you to craft customized, successful solutions to your complex business issues in all economic sectors. Our mission is your success.
Leadership teams execute robust strategic plans with measurable outcomes using my results-driven, Success Planning: A ‘How-To’ Guide for Strategic Planning.The methodology is further customized in the forthcoming Success Planning for Nonprofits: Evidenced-Based Strategic Planning.I documented strategic leadership practices of 20 modern executives and key Constitutional framers in Conventional Wisdom: How Today’s Leaders Plan, Perform, and Progress Like the Founding Fathers.
For over 25 years, Ihave contributed improved organizational value as a leader, manager, keynoter, educator, and consultant honored by organizations on four continents. I am a Ph.D. in organizational development, MBTI® Master Practitioner, a National Speakers Association Professional Member, and St. Petersburg Engineering AcademyForeign Member.View all trainings by this speaker