Training Doyens is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is valid for 1 PDC for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org.
Success in our high-pressure world hinges not just on our technical skills, but also on our ability to deal effectively with others and remain energized at the same time.
Many of us have learned to avoid, rather than deal with the bullies, know-it-alls, and other difficult people in our life, because it is easier than confronting the source of the problem. But, overlooking the problem is the worst thing we can do.
We have more control than we might think!
Nothing can change the fact that some people are simply more difficult to deal with. What we can change is our reaction. Building a rock-solid relationship with our boss, colleagues and clients depends on being able to recognize and respond appropriately to their different behaviors and situations.
This workshop is MORE than just about learning effective communication skills. Learn successful strategies and tips on how to deal with toxic people, how to handle a toxic work environment, and how to improve work relationships.
We all have people who push our buttons. If that relationship is with our boss, colleagues or clients, it can drain our energy, take us off track and infect the other areas of our life. The key is to find effective ways to work with them and build a positive, successful relationship.
Here’s what you can do to take charge:
• Identify and control the impact of difficult people so that you can keep the situation from escalating further
• Learn how to deal with bullies
• Differentiate the 4 types of attitudes and understand how they develop in order to keep your cool in a variety of situations
• Utilize various verbal and non-verbal communication techniques and situational strategies that you can use to de-escalate and effectively handle upset people
• Know how to act not react in solving situations so that you can approach your work and life with more confidence and enjoyment
• Effectively handle those that push your buttons including the know-it-all, the intimidator and the gossiper and feel less stress and more success in working and interacting with these people
• Know the payoff. Find out why a strategy that works on one difficult person may be devastating when used on another
• Use a 3-step approach to determine what course of action to take based on the S-O-S PrincipleTM and find personal ways to be more positive and optimistic
Learn successful strategies and tips for building a positive, productive relationship by knowing HOW to effectively respond, cope, and manage the impact of their negative and toxic behavior in the workplace. End frustration. Act rather than re-act, and be more successful.
• Human Resources Professionals
• Health and Safety Reps
• Union Reps
• Supervisors, Manager, Directors (Team Leads)
• Executive Directors Not-For-Profit
Years of Experience: 25+ years
Areas of Expertise: Stress Management, Building Resiliency, Workplace Wellness
Beverly Beuermann-King specializes in working with people and organizations who want to control their reactions to stress, build resiliency against life's challenges and live healthy, successful lives using her S-O-S Principle™. Like you, stress and resiliency expert, Beverly Beuermann-King has seen the concept of wellness and resiliency change and expand.
For over 20 years, Beverly has used her S-O-S Principle™ with people and organizations who want to control their reactions to stress, build resiliency against life’s challenges, and live healthy, successful lives. Beverly appreciates that there is not ‘one way’ to deal with our business challenges or build resiliency. Beverly believes that it is about building a plan that works, and one that is unique to the person and team who builds it.
Beverly launched her company, R ‘n B Consulting, in 1995, and since then she has helped teams from a wide range of industries (including healthcare, education, government agencies, finance, and not-for-profit) to shift from stressed out to resilient, enabling them to be happier, engaged, and successful.
Beverly’s psychology, sociology, management, and adult education background combine to create her Work Smart Live Smart presentations, which are soundly based on research, and are enlightening and inspirational. Audiences discover the right strategies to improve their health, manage their challenges, and enhance their life’s satisfaction using three simple questions.
Beverly is a sought-after media spokesperson and has made over 500 television and radio appearances on shows such as City TV and CBC, and in national publications from the Toronto Star newspaper to Chatelaine magazine. Beverly is a highly respected speaker. Diverse organizations from Enbridge Gas and the Ontario Veterinarian Association, to York Regional Police, and the Elementary Teachers Federation, have partnered with Beverly when they want their teams to have a better grasp on how to combat stress and protect their mental health. Beverly is one of less than seventy Canadians to have earned their Certified Speaking Professional designation.
Beverly’s ability to connect the theoretical to real life through her stories and humor, help her audiences to move past the challenges and into a world of possibilities.