Human error is known to be the primary cause of quality and production losses in many industries. Although it is unlikely that human error will ever be eliminated, many human performance problems can be prevented. Human errors start at the design stage. From procedures, training, and workplace environment many variables that affect human behavior CAN be manipulated reducing the likelihood of these occurrences.
To work with these challenges, it is essential to understand human behavior and the psychology of error as well as understand exactly where the weaknesses of the system are so that they can be improved and/or fixed. This course offers practical approaches and models to address human performance issues in GMP related environments by using a particular methodology to correct, prevent and avoid reoccurrence of these matters.
This human error prevention training would provide tools that can be implemented and used after this event. These include practical human error prevention techniques. We will discuss human error categories, near root causes, root causes for these events, and human error assessment and reduction techniques. We will also discuss latest trends in human error issues in the industry.
• Background on human error phenomena
• Importance of human error prevention/reduction
• Training and human error
• Facts about human error
• Human error prevention in manufacturing
• Human error as the root cause
• What is human error and human error prevention tools
• How is human error controlled?
• Common mistakes: memory failures, overconfidence, we believe we are above average, visual detection, and vigilance effectiveness
• Types of error
• Human error rates and measurement
• Trending and tracking
• CAPA effectiveness
• Understand human error: factors and causes
• Understand the importance: regulatory and business
• Define the process to manage human error deviations
• Identify root causes associated with human error deviations
• Learn how to measure human error rates at your site
• Identify what you can do to support human reliability
• Training Managers and Coordinators
• Plant Engineering
• QA/QC Staff
• Process Excellence/Improvement Professionals
• Industrial/Process Engineers
• Compliance Officers
• Regulatory/Legislative Affairs Professionals
• General/Corporate Counsel
Years of Experience: 23+ years
Areas of Expertise: Engineering Psychology and Human Reliability
Ginette Collazo, Ph. D. is an Industrial-Organizational Psychologist with 20 years of experience that specializes in Engineering Psychology and Human Reliability, disciplines that study the interaction between human behavior and productivity. She has held positions leading training and human reliability programs in the Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Manufacturing Industry.
Ten years ago, Dr. Collazo established Human Error Solutions (HES), a Florida based boutique consulting firm, where she has been able to position herself as one of the few Human Error Reduction Experts in the world. HES, led by Dr. Collazo, developed a unique methodology for human error investigations, cause determination, CA-PA development and effectiveness that has been implemented and proven amongst different industries globally. This scientific method has been applied in critical quality situations and workplace accidents.View all trainings by this speaker