A company’s employee onboarding process should be a key aspect of regular business operations. With the high cost of employee turnover and recruiting, business leaders need to understand the dynamics of effectively bringing on new employees to ensure their success. Simply writing down a plan or taking new hires through the mere basics of hiring documents such as the employee handbook and policy sign-off’s will not help new employees succeed. The key is to engage leaders and current employees to guide new hires on understanding, integrating, and contributing to the company.
Hiring managers, human resources, and business leaders are understandably relieved, excited, and optimistic when a new employee is hired. But there’s still important steps to take so that your new hire feels welcome and prepared to jump into their job. Simply put the better and faster they’re integrated into the company, the more quickly they’ll be able to successfully contribute to organizational success.
• Explain onboarding vs orientation
• Review the benefits of onboarding new employees effectively: short-term and long-term
• Explain onboarding as a business strategy (not simply as a human resources checkpoint) for improving employee engagement and retention
• Explore the components of an employee onboarding process, from pre-hire to first year anniversary, to use in your own company process
• Review employee onboarding best practices
• Review success strategies for onboarding new employees - case studies
This training is designed to help you create or upgrade your own company’s onboarding program to help your new hires to quickly get grounded, integrated, engaged – so they can actively contribute to your company’s initiatives.
• Human resources professionals – all levels
• Executives: CEO, COO, CFO, CMO, CIO, CHRO
• Business owners and leaders
• Chief Learning Officer
• Project Managers, Operation Managers and Supervisors
• Team Leaders, Staff Managers and Supervisors
Years of Experience: 17+ years
Areas of Expertise: Human Resources Operations and Leadership Development
Melveen Stevenson is the CEO and founder of M.S.Elemental, LLC, a human resources and business advisory firm based in Los Angeles, California. As a certified HR professional with a background in accounting and finance, she helps companies to navigate the human resources “jungle” of compliance, human capital, and leadership challenges. By using an encompassing business approach, she helps to strengthen the infrastructure of organizations from the inside out, specifically through leadership development, operations, training, employee engagement, and career coaching.
Over the last 17 years, Melveen has held leadership positions in human resources operations, supply chain, and talent management at international companies in food manufacturing, medical devices, and consumer products. She has also worked internationally.
Melveen began her career in accounting and international banking. With an inspired desire to support and drive organizational success through human capital, she redirected her career and obtained her MBA at Michigan State University’s Eli Broad Graduate School of Management.View all trainings by this speaker