Training Doyens is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is valid for 1.5 PDC for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org.
After hiring the right people, coaching people to improve their performance can be the most daunting responsibility for most managers and supervisors. Here are some questions to consider:
• Do you ever wonder why some people you are coaching seem to soak up your advice and thrive on it while others simply don’t get it?
• Do some of your folks seem to resist when you give directions?
• Are there times when you wish people would use their heads and not come running to you every time they run into a problem?
In this fast-paced webinar, Corporate Culture Expert Larry Johnson will answer these questions and more. He will discuss effective coaching skills for managers and show you how to vary your coaching style to match the needs and abilities of each person with whom you work so you raise the odds of their success as an employee and your success as a coach.
Larry will give you tools to create an environment where everyone WANTS to do their very best and you’ll pick up coaching techniques for managers to turn around those who insist on not taking responsibility.
The webinar covers effective coaching techniques for leaders. Learn about five coaching modes and how to use them to get the best results.
• How to determine what each coachee needs from you to succeed
• When and how to vary your management coaching approach
• What variable to consider when coaching in different situations
• How to determine when to give orders and when to ask for input
• The right questions to ask to maximize the coachee’s outcomes
• How to respond to a decline in the coachee’s performance
• Team leaders
• Leaders – anyone who manages or coaches others
• Anyone who manages others and would like to im-prove their coaching skills.
Years of Experience: 30+ years
Areas of Expertise: Leadership, Organization Culture, and Employee Development
For thirty years, Larry Johnson has been helping organizations create more productive cultures through the development of strong leaders and dedicated employees. He has received rave reviews from more than150,000 business, government, and health-care professionals in every state in the union, as well as
in Great Britain, China, Indonesia, Central America and Australia for his presentations on the topics of leadership, change, customer service, and honesty in business. Additionally, Larry has eight years of real life experience as a manager in health care, three years as a manager in city government, and 30 years as president of his own consulting firm.
Larry is the coauthor of the highly acclaimed, top-selling business ethics book, Absolute Honesty: Building A Corporate Culture That Values Straight Talk And Rewards Integrity and the landmark guide to managing inter-generational conflict, Generations Inc., From Boomers To Linksters, Managing the Friction Between Generations at Work.
Larry has been quoted in CNN Tech, the Wall Street Journal and the Harvard Business Review. He has appeared on CNN and has written more than 200 published articles on the topic of improving organizational culture.
Among many others, Larry has spoken for Rocky Mountain Governmental Purchasing Association, NAA (National Association of Realtors, National Apartment Association), IREM (Institute for Real Estate Management), Virginia Apartment Association, Westinghouse, General Electric, Harley-Davidson Motor Company, Intel Corporation, Southwest Airlines, American Express, McDonald’s Corporation, Federal Express, the U.S. Bureau of Land Management, the American Health Care Association, and the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.