This webinar has been approved for 1 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form.
"For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org. The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute's® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval."
Training Doyens is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is valid for 1 PDC for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org.
Work remotely is becoming more of a norm in the tech industry. Various studies have shown that virtual team building is more difficult and it becomes harder for informal leaders to emerge tougher to create genuine dialogue, and easier for misunderstandings to escalate.
Leaders must deal with an array of cultural issues that can include differences in business protocol, decision-making, dealing with authority, the concept of time, negotiation styles, and the emotional reactions allowed – or expected – in a business environment. In this webinar you will learn managing remote employees best practices including how to communicate, establish trust and build strong working relationships.
There are a couple key techniques that are specific to remote management. Attend the webinar to learn how to supervise across time zones and even cultures.
• Create a virtual workplace strategy
• Develop, implement, and maintain telecommuting policy best practices
• Virtual team building and leading them to success
• Plan and lead virtual meetings
• Use technology to support a virtual workplace
• Overcome virtual team communication challenges and cultural barriers when leading virtual teams
• Develop their virtual leadership skills
• Dealing with real challenges from the virtual workplace
• Culture and the role it plays on a Virtual Team
• Communication Challenges
• Working with time zones
• Tips for managing remote employees and their performance from a distance
• Build Relationships with virtual team members and virtual team building activities for the workplace
Anyone who is part of a remote team or interacts virtually with team members or managers who have remote employees
Years of Experience: 20+ years
Areas of Expertise: Soft Skills Training, Facilitation, and Content Development
Audrey Halpern is a soft skills training facilitator consultant with 20+ years of experience. Audrey is currently a faculty member of American Management Association where she trains productivity and communication skills.View all trainings by this speaker