This webinar has been approved for 1 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form.
"For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org. The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute's® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval."
Training Doyens is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is valid for 1 PDC for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org.
Stressful people--they are everywhere. Perhaps it’s a co-worker, a subordinate, a customer, your boss, or even a neighbor. Regardless of their role in life, these chronically frustrating folks waste your time, cost you money and make your life miserable.
You may wish they would just go away. The reality is that Stressful People are here to stay. In this upbeat, informative webinar, you’ll learn how to deal with them in a way that’s a win-win for both of you. You will walk out with strategies to:
• Identify the three key diagnostic indicators of stressful people
• Establish interpersonal contracts to prevent problems
• Stand up for yourself without becoming overly aggressive
• Keep a positive, healthy mental attitude while dealing with conflict in the workplace
• Adapt your working style to mesh with others
• Identify and celebrate the strengths of others to achieve greater results
Attend this webinar to know how to handle difficult, stressful and toxic people. The webinar explains organizational conflict resolution strategies and techniques on how to deal with conflict with peers.
Learn how to work with the seven most common types of stressful people:
• Office bullies – how to stand up to them and turn their negative energy into positive results
• Pot shot artists – how to prevent them from stabbing you in the back
• Conversational Ramblers – how to bring them to the point so they stop wasting your time and start getting results
• Silent Sulkers – get them to open up and contribute
• Negative Nellies – keep them from bringing you and everybody else down
• Self-Proclaimed Experts - keep from getting under your skin and glean the expertise they have to offer
• Chronic Complainers - motivate them to stop whining and to put up or shut up
In this up-beat, informative webinar, you’ll learn how to deal with stressful people in a way that’s a win-win for both of you. The webinar provides an insight on how to deal with difficult coworkers at work, conflict management in the workplace and how to deal with conflict with boss.
• Anyone who works with difficult people and wishes to improve their relationships with them
• VP of Human Resources
• Human Resource Professionals
• Chief Learning Officer
• Project Managers
• Operation Managers and Supervisors
• Team Leaders
• Staff Managers and Supervisors
Years of Experience: 30+ years
Areas of Expertise: Leadership, Organization Culture, and Employee Development
For thirty years, Larry Johnson has been helping organizations create more productive cultures through the development of strong leaders and dedicated employees. He has received rave reviews from more than150,000 business, government, and health-care professionals in every state in the union, as well as
in Great Britain, China, Indonesia, Central America and Australia for his presentations on the topics of leadership, change, customer service, and honesty in business. Additionally, Larry has eight years of real life experience as a manager in health care, three years as a manager in city government, and 30 years as president of his own consulting firm.
Larry is the coauthor of the highly acclaimed, top-selling business ethics book, Absolute Honesty: Building A Corporate Culture That Values Straight Talk And Rewards Integrity and the landmark guide to managing inter-generational conflict, Generations Inc., From Boomers To Linksters, Managing the Friction Between Generations at Work.
Larry has been quoted in CNN Tech, the Wall Street Journal and the Harvard Business Review. He has appeared on CNN and has written more than 200 published articles on the topic of improving organizational culture.
Among many others, Larry has spoken for Rocky Mountain Governmental Purchasing Association, NAA (National Association of Realtors, National Apartment Association), IREM (Institute for Real Estate Management), Virginia Apartment Association, Westinghouse, General Electric, Harley-Davidson Motor Company, Intel Corporation, Southwest Airlines, American Express, McDonald’s Corporation, Federal Express, the U.S. Bureau of Land Management, the American Health Care Association, and the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.