Independence Day Sale! Use code INDA20 and get flat 20% off on your purchase.
- You may have heard that most employment is at-will, but what does that mean?
- If you employ your workers “at-will”, does that mean you can fire them whenever you want?
- Does invoking the employment at will doctrine protect you from wrongful termination lawsuit?
Attend the webinar to know.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
Many employers make the mistake of assuming that because they hired an employee “at-will”, terminating that employee will be a done deal—and they often end up defending a wrongful termination claim. Other employers may hold onto employees who are not performing or who may even undermine company goals and safety, because they think that terminating them will automatically result in a multi-million dollar lawsuit.
Neither of those assumptions is necessarily true! So what an employer can do?
This webinar will help you gain some insight into how to navigate your relationship with your employees, keeping employment-at-will and its exceptions in mind.
- Defining employment-at-will
- Identifying situations falling outside of at-will employment
- Identifying exceptions to employment-at-will
- Anti-discrimination laws and employment-at-will
- Rights and obligations of employers and employees
- Employment agreements, disclaimers, written employment agreements
- Employee handbooks
- The NLRB and disclaimers
- Scope of employment-at-will
- Case examples
- In this webinar we will discuss the extent and limits of employment-at-will. We will also explore the statutory exceptions and contractual provisions that seem to undermine at-will employment to give you clarity and guidance on an often misunderstood principle of employment law.
- The webinar will also help you understand the rights and obligations of employers and employees.
WHO WILL BENEFIT
- Senior Managers
- Business Owners
- Hiring Managers
- All HR Professionals
- Compensation Specialists
- Compliance Officers
Years of Experience: 20+ years
Areas of Expertise: Employment Practices and Workforce Challenges
Janette Levey Frisch, founder of The EmpLAWyerologist Firm, is an employment/HR attorney with over 20 years of legal experience. Ms. Frisch is a legal wellness professional for employment practices and workforce challenges. She works with employers to craft solid employment practices wellness plans tailored to address an organization’s needs and concerns. As a consultant, she offers legal services on virtually all federal and NJ and NY state employment law issues.
View all trainings by this speaker