Learn how to manage more effectively than ever before … in just 3 Hours!
You’ll gain insight into more effective time management, how to successfully manage difficult people, how to communicate more effectively so others will respond accordingly, how to make good decisions under pressure and how to resolve conflict in the workplace… just for starters!
We’ll have 3 Q&A sessions, specifically to answer all your questions about how to manage more effectively.
Take control of your time...and get control of your entire work day!
The speed of everything has changed.
- Are your effective time management skills up to the challenge?
- Do you put off more today than you can ever accomplish tomorrow...exhaust yourself by 4:00 p.m. with only a fraction of your work done...see yourself as a decision maker who never gets around to making decisions...dread the next business meeting—or worse, go back to your desk to see what voice mails and emails await you?
If you’re doing more and enjoying less, it’s time to get out of the time trap and back to productive management! This presentation gives you practical techniques for controlling time and making it a manageable resource.
- How to resolve conflict in the workplace less painfully, delegate critical tasks more efficiently, energize your employees and transform resistance into support?
Adjusting your management and personal styles to complement the culture of your work group and your company as a whole can be the catalyst that motivates your teams to heightened productivity.
Utilizing extensive practice in the principles of emotional intelligence, Successfully Managing People underscores the importance of self-awareness in developing sensitivity to and better communication with others. You’ll leave this three-hourwebinar well versed in the most effective methods for dealing with difficult people…winning cooperation and trust…and ensuring that your people’s values and your organization’s goals are in sync.
In order to function at maximum effectiveness, a manager must master critical communication skills, including active listening, the ability to receive and provide constructive feedback, to resolve conflicts and to coach and mentor.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
The webinar helps you learn the techniques for:
- Moving from an operational manager to a strategic leader
- Time and task management effectiveness: working smarter every day
- Managing through chaos: tools, tips and techniques to set priorities and make effective decisions under pressure
- Critical communication skills: active listening, constructive feedback, resolving conflicts and coaching to improve others’ performance
What we will address:
- Crossing the line to strategic effectiveness
- Learning the strategic leadership approach
- Vision and strategic leadership
- Becoming an effective leader
- Building influence through communication
- Understanding the role of teams
- Managing change with action-oriented skills
Self-Evaluation: How Do You Manage Your Time
- Take the Time-Mastery Profile® to identify how you spend your time
- Highlight your strengths and challenges with time
- Identify time wasters and learn how to avoid them using effective time management skills
Concentration and Focus
- Learn techniques that will help you complete your tasks at a faster rate
- Discuss how to handle distractions and interruptions—both self- and other-imposed and how to make good decisions under pressure
Planning to Succeed
- Refine the planning process and goal-setting system using the SMART technique
Decision Making and Prioritizing
- Align your priorities with your goals for better decision making
- Learn about “the window of opportunity” to determine the most appropriate course of action
- Learn the principles of organization to eliminate clutter and maintain order and effective filing systems
- Learn to manage your phone, e-mail and electronic files
Establishing Boundaries to Create Balance
- Learn when to say “yes” and when to say “no”
- Say “yes” to yourself...by saying “no” to others
- Create quiet zones to think, reflect and concentrate
- Build a commitment to your own time-management plan—it’s up to you!
Setting SMART Goals
- SMART: Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Timely
- What are my roles?
- What weekly goal will I set for each role?
- TOPPS: Task, Objective, Product, Program, Schedule
- OPICS: Output, Product, Input, Conditions, Standards
- Setting milestones
- Working the plan
Effective Listening / Understanding Before Being Understood
- What is the value of listening?
- Why people don’t listen and the consequences
- How to listen effectively and actively
- Practice listening exercise
- Responsibility of the communicator in being heard
Constructive Feedback / Gaining Advice While Avoiding Conflict
- The value of constructive feedback
- Why people don’t give feedback and the consequences
- Employee performance reviews best practices
- Practice feedback exercise
- Guidelines for the feedback receiver
Resolving Conflicts / Dealing with Others’ Resistance
- The nature of resistance
- Types of resistance
- Typical responses to resistance
- Approaching resistance and how to deal with it
- How to resolve conflict in the workplace
Making Coaching Work / Providing Guidance for Improving Performance
- Characteristics of effective coaches
- How to coach effectively
- The value of careful listening in coaching
- Being an effective role model
- Using coaching to improve performance
Have you ever wanted every question you’ve had about managing effectively answered?
Well, now’s your opportunity!
We’ll address moving from an operational manager to a strategic leader, time and task management, managing through chaos and our effective manager’s communication skills toolbox, as well as include 3 Q&A sessions throughout our 180-minute strategic leadership training!
By attending, you will understand how to even more effectively:
- Achieve better results through more effective planning and clarifying objectives
- Delegate effectively and free yourself for bigger tasks
- Set group goals and priorities
- Eliminate the time wasters and learn effective time management skills
- Handle interruptions and distractions and learn skills for managing through chaos
- Say no to unreasonable demands
- Redirect your efforts to the most important and valid tasks
- Make sure there is time in the day for you
- Learn strategies to improve concentration and increase your efficiency
- Motivate and direct the employees you rely on—even when they don’t share your values
- Adjust your management and personal style to the needs of different situations
- Get more done by using the appropriate delegation techniques for any given situation
- Learn how to resolve conflict in the workplace more effectively in a wide variety of situations
- Turn difficult people and poor performers into team players
- Win the cooperation and trust from everyone in your organization
- Increase your confidence, leadership skills and personal and professional satisfaction in your job
- Use coaching to guide and direct your team members to improve performance and learn skills for managing change in the workplace
- Listen actively and improve communication and presentation skills
- Receive and provide constructive feedback
- Coach and mentor and learn employee performance reviews best practices
WHO WILL BENEFIT
- Senior Vice President
- Vice President
- Executive Director
- Managing Director
- Regional Vice President
- Area Supervisor
Years of Experience: 37+ years
Areas of Expertise: Management and Organizational Development
Chris DeVany is the Founder and President of Pinnacle Performance Improvement Worldwide, a firm which focuses on management and organizational development. Pinnacle’s clients include global organizations such as Visa International, Cadence Design Systems, Coca Cola, Sprint, Microsoft, Aviva Insurance, Schlumberger and over 500 other organizations in 22 countries. He has been a consultant to government agencies like the Federal Government of the United States, the Royal Government of Saudi Arabia, Government of Canada, Government of Cayman Islands and Her Majesty's Government of the United Kingdom.
He has published numerous articles in the fields of surviving mergers and acquisitions, surviving change, project management, management, sales, team-building, leadership, ethics, customer service, diversity and work-life balance. His publications range widely, touching all important aspects, right from ASTD/Performance in Practice to Customer Service Management. His book, “90 Days to a High-Performance Team”, published by McGraw Hill, has helped executives, managers and team leaders improve their performance and professional decisions. Chris has been interviewed for various radio and television programs.
He has assisted organizations in merger, acquisitions and facilitated post-merger and acquisition integration. He has also actively been a mentor in developing project management, sales, customer service and marketing strategies, in-bound and out-bound call center programs, training and development management and new hirees. Fostering corporate growth through creative change and innovative initiatives is his forte! He is a Boston University alumnus, with degrees in management studies and organizational behavior.
View all trainings by this speaker