For most business users (and many home users too), Microsoft Outlook has become the standard application for managing emails, calendar appointments and to-dos. With an abundance of features and versions for desktop and mobile, there’s really no excuse not to be organized. Or so the theory goes.
With the average office worker receiving over 100 emails per day, the reality for most people is email overload, missed deadlines and calendars so full you have no room to stop, take stock and smell the roses (as the saying goes).
You're probably reading this thinking "I use Microsoft Outlook every day. I know how to send and receive emails. What more is there to learn?"
But just stop and think.
• How much time are you wasting searching for information stored in Outlook?
• Could your mailbox be better organized?
• Is your Inbox out of control?
• Are you drowning in a sea of emails?
Attend this training if you want to learn the best way to manage Outlook inbox so that you can take control of it rather than letting it control you!
• Configure Microsoft Outlook for distraction-free productivity
• Creating Rules to automate email processing
• Creating Quick Steps to automate a series of actions
• The 4 D's of email management and how to apply them
• Converting emails into actionable to-do items
• Converting emails into calendar appointments
• Categories v Folders: What’s the difference and what are the pros and cons of each?
This Microsoft Outlook training session focuses on Outlook email management tips. In this session you'll learn how, used in the right way, Outlook can save you time, help you to gain more control over your mailbox, improve your response time and allow you to keep up with the never-ending stream of critical actions and due dates.
This introductory-level session is aimed at anyone who uses Microsoft Outlook and is looking for a way to get back those precious hours!
Years of Experience: 30+ years
Areas of Expertise: Microsoft Office and Apple Mac
Mike Thomas has worked in the IT training business since 1989. He is a subject matter expert in a range of technologies including Microsoft Office and Apple Mac. In 2012, he founded theexceltrainer.co.uk where he has produced nearly 200 written and video-based Excel tutorials. He has recorded several Excel training courses for pluralsight.com and in his career delivered hundreds of courses and webinars on a variety of Excel topics.
Mr. Thomas is a Fellow of The Learning and Performance Institute and has worked with and for a large number of global and UK-based companies and organizations across a diverse range of sectors. In addition to training, he also designs and develops Microsoft Office-based solutions that automate key business tasks and processes.View all trainings by this speaker