Pivot Tables are one of the most powerful tools in Excel’s data analysis and Business Intelligence (BI) armory.
With just a few clicks of the mouse (and no complicated formulas!) you can quickly and easily build the reports, dashboards and charts that help you summarize, analyze, interpret and understand your data which in turn helps you spot trends and get answers to the important questions on which you base your key business decisions.
Pivot Table in Excel has a reputation for being complicated and scary but by attending this Microsoft Excel training, you’ll be pleasantly surprised at how easy it is to use and create them.
• From global enterprises to early-stage startups and small businesses, people everywhere use Pivot Tables to see and understand their data.
• Learning how to create Pivot Tables is one of the must have skills for anyone who needs to use Excel to quickly build reports and summaries.
This Excel online training will provide you with a solid foundation that you can use to build your own pivot tables and reports.
The training will be delivered using the latest version of Excel for Windows although much of the functionality is available in earlier versions of Excel.
• Use cases: Why and when you should use a Pivot Table in Excel
• Your raw data — dos and don’ts
• Create a simple Pivot Table with a few mouse clicks
• Different ways to summarize your data — total, count and percent
• Apply formatting to a Pivot Table to make it easy to read and understand
• Display Pivot Table data in alphabetical or numerical order
• Represent the Pivot Table data as a chart/graph
• How to update a Pivot Table when the source data changes
• Use Pivot Table in Excel to turn raw data into meaningful and insightful reports
• Structure your raw data in the right way
• Design and format your Pivot Table reports so that they are easy to read and understand
• Summarize your data in different ways including totals, counts and percentages
• Use Pivot Table in Excel to create monthly summary reports
• Convert a Pivot Table into a chart
• Financial consultants
• Medical Devices
• Human Resource
• Logistics & Supply Chain
Years of Experience: 30+ years
Areas of Expertise: Microsoft Office and Apple Mac
Mike Thomas has worked in the IT training business since 1989. He is a subject matter expert in a range of technologies including Microsoft Office and Apple Mac. In 2012, he founded theexceltrainer.co.uk where he has produced nearly 200 written and video-based Excel tutorials. He has recorded several Excel training courses for pluralsight.com and in his career delivered hundreds of courses and webinars on a variety of Excel topics.
Mr. Thomas is a Fellow of The Learning and Performance Institute and has worked with and for a large number of global and UK-based companies and organizations across a diverse range of sectors. In addition to training, he also designs and develops Microsoft Office-based solutions that automate key business tasks and processes.View all trainings by this speaker