Our Memorial Day sale is live! Use code MDTD20 and get flat 20% off on your purchase.
It’s a TNT – Time-Numbers-Technology – Driven & Distracted Brave New World, when “Everything Happens NOW.” While some see a half-full glass of unprecedented access and data…others perceive rampant “Infomania” — continuous stress and distraction caused by the combination of message overload, incessant interruptions, and “Time Urgency Syndrome.” Through his Fun-Interactive-Thought-provoking (Get FIT) program, let the Stress Doc help you transform the MA&DD-ness:
Gain tools for 1) assessing individual/digital distractions in the workplace and 2) designing self-monitoring and team building activities for work and strategies for a stress resilient work environment.
Attention spans are shrinking and self-absorbed instant gratification and self-centered entitlement is growing; increasingly, people expect you, 24/7, to immediately reply to their “high priority” texts and emails. It may be time to ask: Is your digital world spinning out of control? Are you ready to Practice Safe Stress?Is it time for you and your organization to address and redress the ever-growing technology distractions in the workplace?
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
This topic is for all levels of employees and management. Going MA&DD not only distracts the individual and others, but disrupts a capacity for attention; learning is compromised. Clearly, distraction impacts others. Seen as rude, it heightens the potential for interpersonal conflict.
Also, the impersonal or anonymous nature of texts and emails, often means messaging has a more critical, judgmental, or aggressive substance and tone. It’s time to get this potential technology distractions in the workplace under control.
- Rapidly recognize signs of “Infomania,” “junk-food information diet”/empty Internet calories, battlefield burnout, and MA&DD Addiction
- Understand how social media addiction in the workplace encourages more impatient and aggressive interaction
- Recognize parallels between MA&DD and other common addictions: eating, drinking, smoking, gambling, drugging, etc; recognize the dopamine-induced cyclical dangers of rapid responding-revved up reward cues while dismissing the future for the immediate-impulsive NOW
- Learn how to grieve and gradually “let go” of bad habits, compulsions, and social media addiction in the workplace; gain face-to-face problem-solving skills and courage; learn to “keep the best and toss the rest”
- Create a safe climate for enabling management and employees to problem-solve ways of bridging “High Tech—Human Touch” in the workplace
- Develop stress-reducing and team building activities for work, and strategies for reducing and preventing isolation and tech-compulsion; learn to redesign a stress resilient work environment
- Grasp the Stress Doc’s Natural SPEED Formula for stress resiliency, brain agility, and emotional integrity
In today’s always on Smart Phone world, who isn’t going somewhat MA&DD: caught up if not addicted to Media Addiction & Digital Distraction? It’s vital to understand the extent of the problem, especially for task communication and coordination.
Let the Stress Doc provide tips and strategies for taming this performance- and relationship-distracting and disruptive demon. Learn techniques for dealing with digital distraction and improving focus and efficiency at work.
WHO WILL BENEFIT
Mark Gorkin, MSW, LICSW, "The Stress Doc"™, a nationally acclaimed speaker, popular webinar educator, writer, and "Motivational Psychohumorist"™. Mark is a founding partner and Stress Resilience and Trauma Debriefing Consultant for the Nepali Diaspora Behavioral Health & Wellness Initiative and is a Cross-Cultural Diversity Training Speaker & Consultant for numerous Federal Agencies. The Doc is also a Leadership and Life Coach as well as a Clinical Therapist for Inner City Family Services, Washington, DC. A former Stress and Violence Prevention Consultant for the US Postal Service, he has led numerous Pre-Deployment Stress Resilience-Humor-Team Building Retreats for the US Army. Presently, Mark does Cross Cultural Facilitation and Presentations for organizational/corporate clients of HR Consulting Firm PRM.
Summary of Expertise
- Ability to energize, captivate and inspire small and large audiences through interactive exercises and humor
- Transform “depressing” or “conflict-laden” topics into real and positively motivating experiences
- Transforms diverse orgs., multicultural groups and workshop attendees into a “collaborative community”
- Acclaimed “Mr. Crisis Intervention” after ten years teaching “Crisis Intervention/Brief Treatment”
- 2015 – Present Co-founder of post-Nepal earthquake mental health education/intervention Be Well Initiative (BWI) for the Nepali-American Diaspora
- 2006 – Present Stress/Conflict, Leadership, Team Building & Humor Programs for US Army, SHRM, EAPA, etc
- 1995 – 2014 Stress Resilience & Conflict Resolution for Wash. Metro Area Transit Authority (WMATA)
- 2010-2015 Critical Incident Consulting for EAP/Wellness Company Business Health Services and for various government agencies
- 1993 – 1998 Stress/Conflict, Team Building & Violence Prevention Consultant for US Postal Service
- 1991 – Present Founder, Stress Doc Enterprises – Keynote and Webinar Speaking, Facilitation, OD/Team Building & Critical Intervention Services; Executive Coaching and Retreat Leadership
- 1975 – Present; Part-Time Private Psychotherapy Practice (2005); Intl Phone Consulting & Coaching
Recent Project Accomplishments
View all trainings by this speaker
- Plenary Speaker, Statewide Refugee Mental Health Summit/Richmond, VA; Practice Safe Stress; Panel Presenter, SAALT (South Asian/Asian American) Conf; Mental Health Advocacy/Crisis Times
- Workshop Leader for Employee Assistance Professionals Association/Potomac Chapter
- SHRM Speaker; latest: “Keys to Captivating and Audience” &“Leading with Passion Power”
- Speaker for Eagles Talent Speaker Bureau; last: Practice Safe Stress for TX Division of Blind Services
- Acclaimed stress program for Cleveland Council of Black Nurses; sponsored by Case Western Reserve Univ.
- Delivered 10 Stress/Conflict Management programs for Fairfax County, VA at Govt. Ctr
- Military and Family Life Consultant – one-month MFLC rotation at Ft. Campbell, KY; coaching with soldiers/spouses; workshop facilitation with ACS group leaders; reach out to soldiers/families
- Founder of “Stress Doc” website acclaimed by National Public Radio as a “workplace resource”