Labor Day Sale! Use code LBRD20 and enjoy flat 20% off on your purchase.
In today's TNT – Time-Numbers-Technology – driven & distracted world, organizations and professionals must bring their most complex and creative ideas, skills, insights and strategies to the world of hi-tech and human touch. Learn seven key questions to determine the authenticity of a D/I workplace culture. Also critical is having a 4A workplace environment that fosters Authority, Autonomy, Accountability, and Accessibility. Learn to identify 4A barriers and to build 4A bridges.
Are you ready to create an open, less status-driven “Helmet’s Off” culture? First, we must recognize the danger and opportunity in “letting go”. Next, we need to help people overcome fear and a sense of loss (of control and status), before we can enable them to expand their personal-communicational options and new workplace opportunities.
Other D/I keys include —
- The ability to tolerate the frustration of a new learning curve
- Embracing novelty and diverse uniqueness, and
- Problem-solving from multiple and inclusive-collaborative viewpoints. Discover the Stress Doc's Passion Power Model; and bring it to life with his acclaimed “Confronting the Intimate FOE” team-building exercises.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
In an increasingly diverse and “TNT” world and workplace, employees, teams, and the company or organization as a whole need to be able to “walk the diversity and inclusion” talk. For developing diversity and inclusion strategy and creating a D/I community you must first create group structures for open, honest, and safe – Helmet’s Off — sharing. In addition, there is also an inside creative challenge: helping employees recognize, develop, and apply the diversity that we all have within ourselves so that they can enjoy the benefits of diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
This webinar is for anyone who wishes to bring more “Passion Power” -- be more “Emotionally Intelligent, Resilient, and Creative!”
- Key leadership questions and “there’s no ‘I’ in team” exercise
- Discover the five “A”s of Arousing, Connecting & Energizing (ACE) Communication-Leadership: Attention-Anticipation-Animation-Activation-Actualization
- Learn to become a leader/energy magnet when you bring your head and heart, purpose, passion, and playfulness to any interpersonal/team encounter
- Review the Stress Doc’s eight “F”s of managing loss & change
- Discover the Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Styles Survey
- Discover how to defuse a critical aggressor and how everyday divisive language heightens status distinctions and impedes inclusion
- Discover the Stress Doc “Five ‘P’s of Passion Power Model for building “Inner“ diversity and being a more captivating/compelling communicator
- Discover the Doc’s “Confronting the Intimate FOE” and 3-D – Discussion-Drawing-Diversity – exercise
- Discover the Stress Doc’s “Top Ten” skills, structures & strategies for building and evolving “helmet’s off,” more diverse, committed, and collaborative teams
In today’s rapid paced, culturally diverse (work) world, maximizing diversity and inclusion first involves communication and decision-making resources and structures in the organization and team. But it also involves recognizing and developing intra-personal, psychological and communicational understanding and expression within each individual. Inner and outer diversity is the key to truly productive D&I.
Attendees will learn about cultural diversity in the workplace and how to recognize and further develop their own capacity for internal diversity and inclusion, especially around "Passion Power": being Purposeful-Provocative-Passionate-Playful.
In a 3-D small group exercise, they will share this diversity with others, and will learn how shared inner and outer diversity inclusion creates interpersonal and team synergy. This diversity and inclusion training explains team-building value for their workplace (and even their home/family environments).
WHO WILL BENEFIT
Mark Gorkin, MSW, LICSW, "The Stress Doc"™, a nationally acclaimed speaker, popular webinar educator, writer, and "Motivational Psychohumorist"™. Mark is a founding partner and Stress Resilience and Trauma Debriefing Consultant for the Nepali Diaspora Behavioral Health & Wellness Initiative and is a Cross-Cultural Diversity Training Speaker & Consultant for numerous Federal Agencies. The Doc is also a Leadership and Life Coach as well as a Clinical Therapist for Inner City Family Services, Washington, DC. A former Stress and Violence Prevention Consultant for the US Postal Service, he has led numerous Pre-Deployment Stress Resilience-Humor-Team Building Retreats for the US Army. Presently, Mark does Cross Cultural Facilitation and Presentations for organizational/corporate clients of HR Consulting Firm PRM.
Summary of Expertise
- Ability to energize, captivate and inspire small and large audiences through interactive exercises and humor
- Transform “depressing” or “conflict-laden” topics into real and positively motivating experiences
- Transforms diverse orgs., multicultural groups and workshop attendees into a “collaborative community”
- Acclaimed “Mr. Crisis Intervention” after ten years teaching “Crisis Intervention/Brief Treatment”
- 2015 – Present Co-founder of post-Nepal earthquake mental health education/intervention Be Well Initiative (BWI) for the Nepali-American Diaspora
- 2006 – Present Stress/Conflict, Leadership, Team Building & Humor Programs for US Army, SHRM, EAPA, etc
- 1995 – 2014 Stress Resilience & Conflict Resolution for Wash. Metro Area Transit Authority (WMATA)
- 2010-2015 Critical Incident Consulting for EAP/Wellness Company Business Health Services and for various government agencies
- 1993 – 1998 Stress/Conflict, Team Building & Violence Prevention Consultant for US Postal Service
- 1991 – Present Founder, Stress Doc Enterprises – Keynote and Webinar Speaking, Facilitation, OD/Team Building & Critical Intervention Services; Executive Coaching and Retreat Leadership
- 1975 – Present; Part-Time Private Psychotherapy Practice (2005); Intl Phone Consulting & Coaching
Recent Project Accomplishments
View all trainings by this speaker
- Plenary Speaker, Statewide Refugee Mental Health Summit/Richmond, VA; Practice Safe Stress; Panel Presenter, SAALT (South Asian/Asian American) Conf; Mental Health Advocacy/Crisis Times
- Workshop Leader for Employee Assistance Professionals Association/Potomac Chapter
- SHRM Speaker; latest: “Keys to Captivating and Audience” &“Leading with Passion Power”
- Speaker for Eagles Talent Speaker Bureau; last: Practice Safe Stress for TX Division of Blind Services
- Acclaimed stress program for Cleveland Council of Black Nurses; sponsored by Case Western Reserve Univ.
- Delivered 10 Stress/Conflict Management programs for Fairfax County, VA at Govt. Ctr
- Military and Family Life Consultant – one-month MFLC rotation at Ft. Campbell, KY; coaching with soldiers/spouses; workshop facilitation with ACS group leaders; reach out to soldiers/families
- Founder of “Stress Doc” website acclaimed by National Public Radio as a “workplace resource”