In a TNT – Time-Numbers-Technology – driven and distracted world, honestly assessing personal and professional stress levels and potential for burnout is critical. Have no fear, The Stress Doc, is here! Let the Doc take you on a comprehensive and captivating learning/sharing adventure for “Stress, Change, & Conflict Resilience” providing:
- The individual and the organization’s approach to authentic and diverse employee engagement - authority, autonomy, accessibility, and accountability
- Preventing burnout and preparing for change or Psychological Hardiness
- Power struggle defusing/conflict communication skills. Seek the higher power of Stress Doc Humor: May the Farce Be with You!
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
This training is for anyone realizing that in times of rapid change and uncertainty personal, communicational, and team resilience skills in the areas of stress, loss and change, are critical. Without stress management skills and conflict resolution strategies, fear, uncertainty, and doubt will certainly influence productivity, team coordination, and emotional well-being.
In addition, these stress resilience resources and strategies impact our capacity to empathize, connect, and productively partner with others.And both personal and interpersonal dynamics impact the productive, supportive, and collaborative potential of work groups and teams.
- Take Stress Doc's Natural SPEED Survey to self-assess basic stress resilience and cognitive agility.
- In small group, rapidly assess stress smoke signals and discover "The Four Stages of Burnout."
- Discover burnout prevention/recovery concepts — "The Stress Doc’s Six ‘R’s of Burnout Recovery.
- Discover "Psychological Hardiness" research on executives for positively adapting to major organizational change.
- Exercise on enhancing conflict communication skills for defusing power struggles.
- "Passion Power" Model for becoming a stress resilience and employee engagement leader.
- Tools and techniques for turning team, branch, and department meetings into participatory, "Helmet's Off" learning and sharing labs
In today’s rapid paced, culturally diverse, always on, (work) world, the ability to handle stress change and conflict productively, to rebound from adversity quickly, to engage others constructively even around differences is critical. Learn skills, tools and strategies on how to deal with stress and know when to engage and when to step back. Also learn conflict resolution strategies, how to be agile, and how to have a flexible focus.
Attendees will leave with a more honest understanding of their stress levels and burnout potential; and most importantly, will take home professional/personal tools for developing Psychological Hardiness and preventing or recovering from burnout. In addition, they will discover strategies for managing conflict productively and facing the sense of loss and/or grief when impacted by major change, and tools for disarming and letting go of dysfunctional or self-defeating power struggles. These tools can be used personally and with other employees.
Finally, attendees will learn models for enhancing their conflict communication skills and maximizing their engagement capacity, both as an enriched role model and as a team catalyst or leader.
WHO WILL BENEFIT
- Front Line Staff
- Senior Managers
- All Levels of Employees and Management
Mark Gorkin, MSW, LICSW, "The Stress Doc"™, a nationally acclaimed speaker, popular webinar educator, writer, and "Motivational Psychohumorist"™. Mark is a founding partner and Stress Resilience and Trauma Debriefing Consultant for the Nepali Diaspora Behavioral Health & Wellness Initiative and is a Cross-Cultural Diversity Training Speaker & Consultant for numerous Federal Agencies. The Doc is also a Leadership and Life Coach as well as a Clinical Therapist for Inner City Family Services, Washington, DC. A former Stress and Violence Prevention Consultant for the US Postal Service, he has led numerous Pre-Deployment Stress Resilience-Humor-Team Building Retreats for the US Army. Presently, Mark does Cross Cultural Facilitation and Presentations for organizational/corporate clients of HR Consulting Firm PRM.
Summary of Expertise
- Ability to energize, captivate and inspire small and large audiences through interactive exercises and humor
- Transform “depressing” or “conflict-laden” topics into real and positively motivating experiences
- Transforms diverse orgs., multicultural groups and workshop attendees into a “collaborative community”
- Acclaimed “Mr. Crisis Intervention” after ten years teaching “Crisis Intervention/Brief Treatment”
- 2015 – Present Co-founder of post-Nepal earthquake mental health education/intervention Be Well Initiative (BWI) for the Nepali-American Diaspora
- 2006 – Present Stress/Conflict, Leadership, Team Building & Humor Programs for US Army, SHRM, EAPA, etc
- 1995 – 2014 Stress Resilience & Conflict Resolution for Wash. Metro Area Transit Authority (WMATA)
- 2010-2015 Critical Incident Consulting for EAP/Wellness Company Business Health Services and for various government agencies
- 1993 – 1998 Stress/Conflict, Team Building & Violence Prevention Consultant for US Postal Service
- 1991 – Present Founder, Stress Doc Enterprises – Keynote and Webinar Speaking, Facilitation, OD/Team Building & Critical Intervention Services; Executive Coaching and Retreat Leadership
- 1975 – Present; Part-Time Private Psychotherapy Practice (2005); Intl Phone Consulting & Coaching
Recent Project Accomplishments
View all trainings by this speaker
- Plenary Speaker, Statewide Refugee Mental Health Summit/Richmond, VA; Practice Safe Stress; Panel Presenter, SAALT (South Asian/Asian American) Conf; Mental Health Advocacy/Crisis Times
- Workshop Leader for Employee Assistance Professionals Association/Potomac Chapter
- SHRM Speaker; latest: “Keys to Captivating and Audience” &“Leading with Passion Power”
- Speaker for Eagles Talent Speaker Bureau; last: Practice Safe Stress for TX Division of Blind Services
- Acclaimed stress program for Cleveland Council of Black Nurses; sponsored by Case Western Reserve Univ.
- Delivered 10 Stress/Conflict Management programs for Fairfax County, VA at Govt. Ctr
- Military and Family Life Consultant – one-month MFLC rotation at Ft. Campbell, KY; coaching with soldiers/spouses; workshop facilitation with ACS group leaders; reach out to soldiers/families
- Founder of “Stress Doc” website acclaimed by National Public Radio as a “workplace resource”