As you continue to progress in your career and attain more success, your tasks, projects and actions begin to impact a number of influential people. These people begin to have power over you, and can turn into your supporters – or block your advancement.
Identifying, managing and utilizing these internal stakeholders is vital for your success. But too many leaders either ignore the prospect of career growth with stakeholders, or don’t fully leverage it, because they are too busy focusing on the daily challenge of tasks, projects, and results their job requires.
However, your career advancement, continued impact, and increased value depend on your stakeholder management strategy and ability to turn internal stakeholders into advocates and assets to your success.
This session will show you how to:
1. Learn why internal stakeholders matter. Get answers to these questions:
2. Develop a plan to prioritize, invest in, and build relationships with internal stakeholders.
3. The three steps of internal stakeholder management:
4. Power/Interest grid for stakeholder prioritization. This model will help identify the stakeholders based on their power and interest which is outlined in four different quadrants.
5. Stand out and become known to internal stakeholders by applying stakeholder management strategy:
6. Exchange model of influence and currencies (currency is something of value, not necessarily money).
Join this webinar with America’s top coaching expert, Joel Garfinkle, as he shows you how to supercharge your career.
Garfinkle will teach you simple tips, tricks and techniques to spot and cultivate your organization’s internal stakeholders – the ones who can become your valuable advocates, champions, mentors, and supporters, lifting you up to the next level of success.
Years of Experience: 20+ years
Areas of Expertise: Leadership, Workplace Issues and Career Advancement
Joel Garfinkle has 20 years speaking experience as both keynote speaker and corporate trainer. His clients include Oracle, Ritz-Carlton Hotels, Toyota, NBA, Warner Bros, and Nestlé. He’s written 7 books and more than 300 articles on leadership, workplace issues and career advancement.
Joel is acknowledged as one of the top 50 executive coaches in U.S. Global Gurus listed Joel 14th on the list of top 30 global coaching experts. He is a Master Certified Coach (highest accreditation in the profession of coaching from the International Coach Federation). Joel’s speeches and trainings draw on his first-hand experience of working closely with more than 1,800 coaching clients and top executives of these world’s leading companies: Google, Microsoft, Starbucks, Netflix, Deloitte, IBM, NBC Universal, and Amazon.
Joel has appeared on ABC News, NPR, and in the Wall Street Journal, NY Times, Newsweek, BusinessWeek, Forbes and USA Today.