This webinar has been approved for 1 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form.
"For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org. The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute's® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval."
Training Doyens is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is valid for 1 PDC for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org.
In today's world, it's not uncommon to have limited authority to get the job done on a tight schedule. Even people with management titles have little control over budget, schedule, or team member selection and evaluation. This doesn't have to make success more difficult.
"Position Power" should come with control of many aspects of an assignment. However, there is a hidden paradox. When you assert that authority, "because I said so," you lose authority in the minds of subordinates! Savvy, successful leaders learn to use "Personal Power" to get things done; their ability to influence, inspire, or convince others to act.
The advantage of this sort of leadership is anyone can exert it, from the lowest ranking person to the highest. Learn to use your own personal power to succeed regardless of title or lack of title. Unleash your power and influence in leadership to achieve your goals inside the organization and outside.
How often do you feel like screaming because you see a company policy of procedure is having a negative effect, but you have no way to change it? You may be selling yourself short AND you have more power than you realize. Learn to project your "personal power" no matter where you sit in the organizational hierarchy.
Enhance your effective communication skills with powerful techniques that expand your influence far beyond your authority or lack of it based on your title or lack of title. This form of leadership makes formal leaders more successful and non-titled team members more successful and likely to achieve their personal and professional goals.
Dr. Rebecca Staton-Reinstein, president of Advantage Leadership, Inc. will share her experiences and proven approaches to personality development, so you can develop your own plan for advancement.
• Defining power and influence in leadership
• Identifying your personal power stories and unsuspected abilities
• Setting goals for maximizing your personal power and effective management
• How to improve communication skills by developing new and enhancing existing skills
• Aligning your message
• Using aligned assertive communication to persuade others
• Communicating effectively with anyone
• Action plan to set a "persuasion" objective and reach it
• Detailed instructions on using Aligned Assertive White Paper on Aligned Assertive Communication
As a result of this session, you will be able to:
• Identify your personal power sources and their effectiveness,
• Use your personal power to meet your goals by creating an action plan to apply the principles of personal power to your specific situation
• Hone your effective communication skills to enhance your personal power and your ability to communicate up and down the hierarchy effectively to stimulate change.
• Non-Managers who need to persuade others
• Newer managers at every level
• Experienced managers who want to enhance their skills
• Team leaders and team members
• Project Managers
• Leaders who want to be more effective
Years of Experience: 25+ years
Areas of Expertise: Strategic Planning, Leadership, Team Management, and Organizational Development
I work with companies around the world that want strategic leaders and engaged employees to increase bottom- and top-line results and delight customers. You achieve your goals through strategic planning and leadership, management, team, and organizational development. Draw on my proven ability to mentor you through major change. My team works with you to craft customized, successful solutions to your complex business issues in all economic sectors. Our mission is your success.
Leadership teams execute robust strategic plans with measurable outcomes using my results-driven, Success Planning: A ‘How-To’ Guide for Strategic Planning.The methodology is further customized in the forthcoming Success Planning for Nonprofits: Evidenced-Based Strategic Planning.I documented strategic leadership practices of 20 modern executives and key Constitutional framers in Conventional Wisdom: How Today’s Leaders Plan, Perform, and Progress Like the Founding Fathers.
For over 25 years, Ihave contributed improved organizational value as a leader, manager, keynoter, educator, and consultant honored by organizations on four continents. I am a Ph.D. in organizational development, MBTI® Master Practitioner, a National Speakers Association Professional Member, and St. Petersburg Engineering AcademyForeign Member.View all trainings by this speaker