Training Doyens is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is valid for 1 PDC for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org.
Tom Peters asked, “How does a major project get to be a year late?” Then he answers his own question: “One day at a time.”
Getting team members on the same wave length, channelling their energy, and keeping them on track to finish on time takes meticulous planning and execution. In the planning and execution phase of projects, Microsoft Outlook is a valid and valuable tool. There is no need to purchase additional, expensive project management software because Microsoft Outlook project management features can do the job.
Sign your project team up for this session on using Outlook for project management and they will be able to keep their projects moving down the tracks at a steady speed and finish by the deadline.
This session teaches the secrets of making Outlook a tool for exponential productivity on a personal level as well as on a project team level. When the principles are implemented, you and your unit will gain company-wide recognition for completing projects on time.
Completing projects by the required deadline is a challenge for most project managers. The deadline is often put in jeopardy at the very beginning of the assignment because you are spinning your wheels getting the project organized and assignments made to the right team member. This is like throwing money down the drain.
In contrast, you can put money in your pocket if you learn to use Microsoft Outlook to its fullest extent using the Assign Task Feature and the automatic follow up with Status Reports from the owner of his or her assigned component of the project.
A smart user of Microsoft Outlook knows it can be used almost like a programming language: if you know what you want to do in Outlook, you can probably find a way to make it respond and do exactly that.
In addition to the Assign Tasks feature, in this webinar you will learn how to customize the Tasks Folder for prioritizing and productivity, overcoming hurdles that delay the completion of tasks and projects while creating a methodical way to meet deadlines.
This webinar instruction about using Outlook for task management helps project professionals launch, track, and manage projects with crystal clear deadlines and built-in checkpoints. The instruction highlights little used but powerful Microsoft Outlook project management features and documents the benefits of efficiently using them to keep projects moving forward to successful conclusions. By implementing the techniques, your project team will be better equipped for the challenges of the ‘do more with less’ business environment of the 21st century.
This instruction makes you efficient, effective, and puts you in an elite circle of project managers.
Research shows that most people with Microsoft Outlook on their desktops only use about 15% of the power of Outlook, leaving 85% unused. Outlook is a very rich program with countless ways to increase productivity and save you time.
You personally will have more time to focus on your assignments when you have your team trained on the project management features of Microsoft Outlook that will guide your team to successful project finishes – on time and hopefully under budget.
You’ll become known as a person who can be counted on in your company.
Years of Experience: 33+ years
Areas of Expertise: Time Management and Microsoft Outlook
Karla Brandau is a leading authority on personal and team productivity in the workplace. She specializes in combining the power of time management with technology, especially using Microsoft Outlook as a tool to help individuals “get it all done” in less time.
She is the CEO of Workplace Power Institute and she has educated managers with her proven time management and Microsoft Outlook productivity systems in companies such as Motorola, Coca-Cola Enterprises, Panasonic, and BYD America.
Her time management with Microsoft Outlook workbook, “Have More Day at the End of Your Day”, is a valuable guide for anyone wanting to know how to use the power of technology to leave work on time. She has also written 101 Time Management Tips for Busy Professionals and Email Survival Skills.
As she speaks for top corporations and associations worldwide, people use “high-content,” “high-energy” and “highly professional” to describe this experienced industry veteran.View all trainings by this speaker