Training Doyens is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is valid for 1 PDC for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org.
Pivot Tables are one of the most powerful tools in Excel’s data analysis and Business Intelligence (BI) armory. With just a few clicks of the mouse (and no complicated formulas!) you can quickly and easily build reports and charts that summarize and analyze large amounts of raw data and help you to spot trends and get answers to the important questions on which you base your key business decisions.
Learning how to create Pivot Tables is one of the must have skills for anyone who needs to use Excel to quickly build reports and summaries. This training will provide you with a solid foundation that you can use to build your own pivot tables and reports.
• What is a pivot table – a few examples of pivot tables
• Creating a simple pivot table in 6 clicks
• Sum, count and percent – how to change what is displayed
• Making a pivot table report eye-catching appealing
• Changing the layout of a pivot table
• Displaying the data in a pivot table in alphabetical or numerical order
• Using filters to display specific items in a pivot table
• Grouping the data by month, year or quarter in a pivot table
• Representing the pivot table data as a chart/graph
• Best practices for updating a pivot table when the source data changes
In this Microsoft Excel training, you'll learn
• How to create a pivot table report in just 6 clicks!
• How to change the layout and appearance of the report to make it inviting to read
• How to display data in different ways, for example, sales grouped by month or top 10 customers and finally
• How to display the pivot table data as a chart/graph
You should attend this training if you need to use Excel to quickly build reports and summaries or if you simply want to learn how to create Pivot Tables to improve your knowledge of Excel.
You don't have to be proficient in the use of Excel to attend. If you can create basic worksheets and can copy and paste and apply basic formatting to cells, you’ll be able to follow along.
Although the training will be delivered using Excel 2016 for Windows, most of the functionality demonstrated is available in earlier versions of Excel (2007, 2010, 2013)
Years of Experience: 30+ years
Areas of Expertise: Microsoft Office and Apple Mac
Mike Thomas has worked in the IT training business since 1989. He is a subject matter expert in a range of technologies including Microsoft Office and Apple Mac. In 2012, he founded theexceltrainer.co.uk where he has produced nearly 200 written and video-based Excel tutorials. He has recorded several Excel training courses for pluralsight.com and in his career delivered hundreds of courses and webinars on a variety of Excel topics.
Mr. Thomas is a Fellow of The Learning and Performance Institute and has worked with and for a large number of global and UK-based companies and organizations across a diverse range of sectors. In addition to training, he also designs and develops Microsoft Office-based solutions that automate key business tasks and processes.View all trainings by this speaker