Labor Day Sale! Use code LBRD20 and enjoy flat 20% off on your purchase.
Managers and Supervisors are taken to task everyday in managing their non-represented employees. It is important for them to learn the Initial warning sign of Union Organizing long before a Union gets the appropriate number of signed Authorization Cards and the NLRB Conducts a secret Election. Learn here the best Election is the one……that is never held. This course will delve into the 20 + Initial Warning Signs of Union Organizing, What you Can Do and What you Cannot Do, Guidelines of Good Management, Dangers of Signing The Authorization Card, The NLRB Election, Unfair Labour Practices committed by Managers.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
- You will understand the Initial Warning Signs of Union Organizing process and be prepared to respond appropriately to employee concerns and questions.
- You will understand the ‘whys and where for” of the Union Organizer, their logic as to why they do and believe in what they do.
- You will be able to communicate effectively to your employees solid reasoning as to How the Union Organizer is the only one who gains if this workforce is unionized. Your employees will understand that “nothing” happens at a bargaining table unless Management Agrees to it.
- You will understand ‘What you can do“ for example they are your employees you can freely discuss FACTS, OPINIONS and EXAMPLES regarding Unions with your employees!
- You will understand What you Cannot do …. so your Management team will not initiate errors and have the NLRB rule that you must bargain with this Union even though there has not been an election!
- You will be exposed to the Dangers of Signing an Authorization Card.
- You will gather an understanding of Unfair Labour Practices that potentially your Managers may commit.
- You will be able to know the intricacies of an NLRB Election
- You will Understand Guidelines of Good Management outlining the Tips, tactics and techniques so that a Union Organizing Campaign is NOT an Annual Event!Yes, an NLRB election CAN be held every 12 months!
- The Webinar closes with a satirical presentation and discussion of “How to Ensure A Union in Your Workplace” ( “What you do not ever want to do in the Workplace”)
- Initial Warning signs of Union Organizing
- What You Can Do and What You Cannot Do
- The dangers of your employees signing an Authorization Card
- Unfair Labour Practices your managers may commit and union rights in the workplace
- The NLRB Election and its intricacies
- Tips, Tactics and Techniques of Union Organizing
- Guidelines Of Good Management
The information presented in this workshop will save costs, and time for your organization as Managers will know how to prevent a union from organizing and willbe more informed and prepared to react to their employees concerns and questions.
WHO WILL BENEFIT
Managers, Supervisors Directors, Human Resources and Labour Relations Personnel, Potential Supervisors or anyone with an Oversight Responsibility of Non-Represented Employees.
Years of Experience: 35+ years
Areas of Expertise: Labor and Employee Relations
Gerry McLaughlin , Ms. IR, is the author of “Negotiating The Labour Agreement”. His experience covers over 30 years of successfully negotiating over 500 labour contracts in varied industries as Executive Director and Vice President for Fortune 100 Companies, and in areas, such as, but not limited to, Manufacturing, Distribution, Telecom, Retail, Healthcare & Senior Care, Food services, Housekeeping & Facilities.
He has negotiated with over 20 National and Local Unions, trained 1000’s of Managers in “Managing a Union Workplace”, “Negotiating A Labour Agreement” Collective Bargaining as well as Union Avoidance and Employee Relations issues.
He knows and fully understands:
- How to build and maintain successful relationships with Union Leaders locally and nationally.
- Maintain and/or Develop existing Managements Rights to ensure the unfettered Right “to run your business” Ensuring successful Workplace policies.
Develops and/or protects consistent Contract language, He consistently ensures that clients expectations are met, most often exceeded.
View all trainings by this speaker