Training Doyens is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is valid for 1 PDC for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org.
A dashboard is a critical tool in your communication armory and as with any communication tool, presentation is everything. Although there are many tools that can be used to create a dashboard, Excel is commonly used due to its power, its flexibility and the fact that most people have it installed on their computer.
In this Microsoft Excel training, you'll learn how to create a stunning, interactive professional-looking dashboard using Excel. This training will provide you with a solid foundation that you can use to build your own dashboards and reports.
• Best practice for setting up data sources
• Using Pivot Tables to summarize data
• Visual communication using charts
• Using formulas to create KPI summaries
• Creating interactive filters with Slicers
• Automating the dashboard with a simple macro
• Using protection to prevent accidental changes
This training focuses on what you need to know to create an interactive professional-looking dashboard using Excel. You'll learn how to: make the dashboard maintenance-free when new data becomes available; create the pivot tables needed to drive the dashboard; create great looking visuals; add interactivity using slicers; automate elements of the dashboard with a macro and protect the cells containing critical formulas.
• This webinar is for any user of Excel who wants to learn how to create Excel dashboards. You should have an intermediate level of Excel knowledge and preferably know how to create a basic pivot table.
• The training will be delivered using Excel 2016 for Windows. However, much of the functionality is available in Excel 2013 and 2010.
Years of Experience: 30+ years
Areas of Expertise: Microsoft Office and Apple Mac
Mike Thomas has worked in the IT training business since 1989. He is a subject matter expert in a range of technologies including Microsoft Office and Apple Mac. In 2012, he founded theexceltrainer.co.uk where he has produced nearly 200 written and video-based Excel tutorials. He has recorded several Excel training courses for pluralsight.com and in his career delivered hundreds of courses and webinars on a variety of Excel topics.
Mr. Thomas is a Fellow of The Learning and Performance Institute and has worked with and for a large number of global and UK-based companies and organizations across a diverse range of sectors. In addition to training, he also designs and develops Microsoft Office-based solutions that automate key business tasks and processes.View all trainings by this speaker