Training Doyens is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is valid for 1 PDC for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org.
Whether you need to calculate loan repayments, generate a profit-and-loss account, solve maths or engineering problems, in fact, think of any scenario that involves addition, subtraction, division or multiplication of numbers and you’ll find that Excel is the best tool for the job.
Functions are built-in formulas that have been programmed to perform a specific calculation. They range from the simple such as SUM and AVERAGE (used to calculate the total and average of numbers in a range of cells) to the powerful IF and VLOOKUP.
Functions aren’t limited to calculating numeric data. They can save you a ton of time when working with text and dates too. For example, you can quickly calculate someone’s age from their date of birth, combine text items from several cells into a single cell or convert a list of lower case text items to capital letters.
Do you create financial or data models? Excel is the perfect tool for that. Build the model using formulas and watch the results automatically recalculate as the model is updated.
Although it is perfectly possible to use Excel without ever creating a formula or using a function, if you don’t, you’re missing out on a huge part of the application’s power.
Excel formulas and functionswill automate your calculations and save you a ton of time. No more using your fingers. No more mental arithmetic. No more using the calculator app on your Smartphone! Let Excel do the work for you!
Learning how to create Pivot Tables is one of the must have skills for anyone who needs to use Excel to quickly build reports and summaries.
This training will enable anyone who is familiar with the basics of pivot tables to take their skills and knowledge to the next level.
• Mastering Excel and creating formulas to perform mathematical calculations
• Copying formulas and the difference between absolute and relative references
• Assigning names to cells and using them in formulas
• Using functions to combine text strings from multiple cells
• Using functions to change text from lowercase to uppercase and vice versa
• Using functions to perform calculations on dates and times
• Using the IF function to automate data entry
• The VLOOKUP function
• Creating complex functions the easy way
• Use formulas to perform calculations on numbers
• Use formulas to perform calculations on dates
• Use formulas to manipulate text
• This session is aimed at anyone who uses Excel at a basic level and wants to learn how to create formulas and use some of the built-in functions.
• The training will be delivered using Excel 2016 for Windows however much of the functionality is also available to users of earlier versions of Excel on both Windows and Mac.
Years of Experience: 30+ years
Areas of Expertise: Microsoft Office and Apple Mac
Mike Thomas has worked in the IT training business since 1989. He is a subject matter expert in a range of technologies including Microsoft Office and Apple Mac. In 2012, he founded theexceltrainer.co.uk where he has produced nearly 200 written and video-based Excel tutorials. He has recorded several Excel training courses for pluralsight.com and in his career delivered hundreds of courses and webinars on a variety of Excel topics.
Mr. Thomas is a Fellow of The Learning and Performance Institute and has worked with and for a large number of global and UK-based companies and organizations across a diverse range of sectors. In addition to training, he also designs and develops Microsoft Office-based solutions that automate key business tasks and processes.View all trainings by this speaker