Training Doyens is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is valid for 1 PDC for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org.
Human error is known to be the major cause of quality and production losses in many industries. Although it is unlikely that human error will ever be totally eliminated, many human performance problems can be prevented.
Human error reduction starts at the design stage. Procedures play a vital role in human reliability. Nevertheless, it is really important to understand human behaviour and the psychology of error as well as understand exactly where the instructions weaknesses are, so procedures can be human engineered, improved and/or fixed.
This webinar offers practical approaches to address good procedure writing practices to reduce the likelihood of procedures.
SOP writing outline content
The reason of procedures
• Regulatory compliance background
• Universal purpose of procedures
The Human perspective
• Human error as a root cause
• The thinking and reading process
• Common human reliability mistakes and causes
How to create and maintain a procedure
• Goals of a procedure
• Good Procedure Writing practices (Terminology, Formats, layouts, mixed cases, steps content, common words, references, branching, conditional steps, the use of “Precautions”, “Warnings” and “Cautions”
• Procedure styles
• Use of electronic information networks for procedure access
• Understand the importance of procedures
• Learn why people refuse to use procedures
• Understand the common Human Errors and deviations related to the use of procedures
• Understand the reading and writing processes and how people may impact the processes
• QA/QC Directors and Managers
• Process Improvement/ Excellence Professionals
• Training Directors and Managers
• Plant Engineering Personnel
• Compliance Officers
• Regulatory Professionals
• Executive Management
• Manufacturing Operations Directors
• Human Factors Professionals
Years of Experience: 23+ years
Areas of Expertise: Engineering Psychology and Human Reliability
Ginette Collazo, Ph. D. is an Industrial-Organizational Psychologist with 20 years of experience that specializes in Engineering Psychology and Human Reliability, disciplines that study the interaction between human behavior and productivity. She has held positions leading training and human reliability programs in the Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Manufacturing Industry.
Ten years ago, Dr. Collazo established Human Error Solutions (HES), a Florida based boutique consulting firm, where she has been able to position herself as one of the few Human Error Reduction Experts in the world. HES, led by Dr. Collazo, developed a unique methodology for human error investigations, cause determination, CA-PA development and effectiveness that has been implemented and proven amongst different industries globally. This scientific method has been applied in critical quality situations and workplace accidents.View all trainings by this speaker