This webinar has been approved for 1 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form.
"For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org. The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute's® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval."
Training Doyens is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is valid for 1 PDC for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org.
Every day at work, leaders are faced with many issues whenmaking decisions. Some of our problems are big and complicated, while others may be more easily solved. There is no shortage of challenges and issues that can arise on the job. Critical thinking and problem solving are two essential skills that leaders need to have. Critical thinking refers to the ability to use knowledge, facts, and data to effectively solve problems. This doesn’t mean you need to have an immediate answer, it means you have to be able to think on your feet, assess problems and find solutions. By learning how to strengthen your creative problem solving and decisionmaking skills by breaking old habits, you will gain confidence and respect.
This problem-solving and decision making training gives you some tips and techniques for develop skills as a critical thinker and problem solver and recognize and leverage your thinking preferences, as well as those on your team, to find different solutions to everyday problems.
• Identify and recognize your decision making style and understand its effect on your decisions.
• Characteristics of effective problem solvers
• Developing a creative problem solving mindset
• Apply new skills for breaking down complex problems
• Develop rational decision making skills through fundamental analytical skills
• Use questioning techniques to gather relevant information
• Learn the correct way to brainstorm
• Learn to challenge assumptions
• Understand critical thinking and how to apply it at work
Many books have been written about creative problem solving. There is no easy way, no shortcut to becoming a first-rate problem solver.
• Develop solutions through an analytical approach
• Learn how to be able to identify relevant information that you can use to make decisions.
• What makes a valid conclusion
• Use many perspectives to reach a conclusion
This webinar gives you the tools to be able to identify your decision making style, andlearn to make better decisions through questioning, challenging assumptions, and seeing other’s viewpoints.
Employees in leadership positions who want to be better focused on facing and solving problems at work.
Years of Experience: 20+ years
Areas of Expertise: Soft Skills Training, Facilitation, and Content Development
Audrey Halpern is a soft skills training facilitator consultant with 20+ years of experience. Audrey is currently a faculty member of American Management Association where she trains productivity and communication skills.View all trainings by this speaker