Training Doyens is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is valid for 1 PDC for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org.
Pivot Tables are one of the most powerful tools in Excel’s data analysis and Business Intelligence (BI) armoury.
With just a few clicks of the mouse (and no complicated formulas!) you can quickly and easily build the reports, dashboards and charts that help you to summarise, analyse, interpret and understand your data which in turn helps you to spot trends and get answers to the important questions on which you base your key business decisions.
From global enterprises to early-stage startups and small businesses, people everywhere use Pivot Tables to see and understand their data.
Learning how to create Pivot Tables is one of the must have skills for anyone who needs to use Excel to quickly build reports and summaries.
This training will provide you with a solid foundation that you can use to build your own pivot tables and reports.
Session highlights include…
• Use cases: Why and when you should use a Pivot Table
• Your raw data - do’s and don’ts
• Create a simple Pivot Table with 6 clicks
• Summarise your data - total, count, percent and more
• Design and format a Pivot Table to make it easy to read and understand
• Hide and show totals and sub-totals
• Display the Pivot Table data in alphabetical or numerical order
• Use Filters and Slicers to limit what is shown in a Pivot Table report
• Data drill-down
• Group the Pivot Table data by month, year or quarter
• Represent the Pivot Table data as a chart/graph
• Best practices for updating a Pivot Table when the source data changes
• Use Pivot Tables to turn raw data into meaningful and insightful reports
• Structure your raw data in the right way
• Design and format your Pivot Table reports so that they are easy to read and understand
• Summarise your data in different ways including totals, counts and percentages
• Use Pivot Tables to create monthly summary reports
• Convert a Pivot Table into a visualisation
You should attend this training if you need to use Excel to quickly build reports and summaries or if you simply want to learn how to create Pivot Tables to improve your knowledge of Excel.
You don't have to be proficient in the use of Excel to attend. If you can create basic worksheets and can copy and paste and apply basic formatting to cells, you’ll be able to follow along.
Although the training will be delivered using Excel 2016 for Windows, most of the functionality demonstrated is available in earlier versions of Excel (2007, 2010, 2013)
Years of Experience: 30+ years
Areas of Expertise: Microsoft Office and Apple Mac
Mike Thomas has worked in the IT training business since 1989. He is a subject matter expert in a range of technologies including Microsoft Office and Apple Mac. In 2012, he founded theexceltrainer.co.uk where he has produced nearly 200 written and video-based Excel tutorials. He has recorded several Excel training courses for pluralsight.com and in his career delivered hundreds of courses and webinars on a variety of Excel topics.
Mr. Thomas is a Fellow of The Learning and Performance Institute and has worked with and for a large number of global and UK-based companies and organizations across a diverse range of sectors. In addition to training, he also designs and develops Microsoft Office-based solutions that automate key business tasks and processes.View all trainings by this speaker