Training Doyens is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is valid for 1 PDC for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org.
Take control of your time...and get control of your entire work day!
The speed of everything has changed. Are your time management skills up to the challenge?
Do you put off more today than you can ever accomplish tomorrow...exhaust yourself by 4:00 p.m. with only a fraction of your work done...see yourself as a decision maker who never gets around to making decisions...dread the next business meeting—or worse, going back to your desk to see what voice mails and emails await you? If you’re doing more and enjoying it less, it’s time to get out of the time trap and back to productive management! This presentation gives you practical techniques for controlling time and making it a manageable resource.
• Are you concerned about how much time and productivity your people are wasting?
• What about lost energy, efficiency and effectiveness, especially because people are overtasked and overburdened?
• Would you like to gain an extra 30 minutes each day?
• Would you like to improve your concentration and increase your efficiency?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then come laugh, listen and learn as Chris DeVany leads us all through those important topics, key questions and answers we all need to be able to address effectively to improve our team members’ and team’s performance!
What We Will Address
Self-Evaluation: How Do You Manage Your Time
• Take the Time-Mastery Profile® to identify how you spend your time
• Highlight your strengths and challenges with time
• Identify timewasters and learn how to avoid them using new techniques
Concentration and Focus
• Learn techniques that will help you complete your tasks at a faster rate
• Discuss how to handle distractions and interruptions—both self- and other-imposed
Planning to Succeed
• Refine the planning process and goal-setting system using the SMART technique
Decision Making and Prioritizing
• Align your priorities with your goals for better decision making
• Learn about “the window of opportunity” to determine the most appropriate course of action
• Learn the principles of organization to eliminate clutter and maintain order and effective filing systems
• Learn to manage your phone, e-mail and electronic files
Establishing Boundaries to Create Balance
• Learn when to say “yes” and when to say “no”
• Say “yes” to yourself...by saying “no” to others
• Create quiet zones to think, reflect and concentrate
• Build a commitment to your own time-management plan—it’s up to you!
Setting SMART Goals
• SMART: Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Timely
• What are my roles?
• What weekly goal will I set for each role?
• TOPPS: Task, Objective, Product, Program, Schedule
• OPICS: Output, Product, Input, Conditions, Standards
• Setting milestones
• Working the Plan
By attending, you will understand how to even more effectively:
• Achieve better results through more effective planning and clarifying objectives
• Delegate effectively and free yourself for bigger tasks
• Set group goals and priorities
• Eliminate the time wasters
• Handle interruptions and distractions
• Say no to unreasonable demands
• Redirect your efforts to the most important and valid tasks
• Make sure there is time in the day for you
• Learn strategies to improve concentration and increase your efficiency
• Senior Vice President
• Vice President
• Executive Director
• Managing Director
• Regional Vice President
• Area Supervisor
Years of Experience: 37+ years
Areas of Expertise: Management and Organizational Development
Chris DeVany is the Founder and President of Pinnacle Performance Improvement Worldwide, a firm which focuses on management and organizational development. Pinnacle’s clients include global organizations such as Visa International, Cadence Design Systems, Coca Cola, Sprint, Microsoft, Aviva Insurance, Schlumberger and over 500 other organizations in 22 countries. He has been a consultant to government agencies like the Federal Government of the United States, the Royal Government of Saudi Arabia, Government of Canada, Government of Cayman Islands and Her Majesty's Government of the United Kingdom.
He has published numerous articles in the fields of surviving mergers and acquisitions, surviving change, project management, management, sales, team-building, leadership, ethics, customer service, diversity and work-life balance. His publications range widely, touching all important aspects, right from ASTD/Performance in Practice to Customer Service Management. His book, “90 Days to a High-Performance Team”, published by McGraw Hill, has helped executives, managers and team leaders improve their performance and professional decisions. Chris has been interviewed for various radio and television programs.
He has assisted organizations in merger, acquisitions and facilitated post-merger and acquisition integration. He has also actively been a mentor in developing project management, sales, customer service and marketing strategies, in-bound and out-bound call center programs, training and development management and new hirees. Fostering corporate growth through creative change and innovative initiatives is his forte! He is a Boston University alumnus, with degrees in management studies and organizational behavior.View all trainings by this speaker