Training Doyens is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is valid for 1 PDC for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org.
This training session covers FOUR advanced features of Excel that provide automation within the application.
Pivot Tables and Power Pivot make building reports a breeze.
VLOOKUP automates looking for a value in a large table.
VBA is the ultimate in automation - it's the programming language behind macros, Excel's automation tool.
As an intermediate-level user of Excel you want to take your knowledge and skills to the next level. You want to produce meaningful, impactful and insightful reports in the shortest time possible. These features of the application will help you to do just that.
Session highlights include…
• Creating a simple pivot table in 6 clicks
• Sum, count and percent – how to change what is displayed
• Making a pivot table report eye-catchingly appealing
• Grouping the data by month, year or quarter in a pivot table
• Representing the pivot table data as a chart/graph
• Slicers – the new visual way to filter a pivot table
• Creating a pivot table from multiple tables or multiple data sources
• Importing your data into Power Pivot
• Using the Data Model to create and manage relationships
• Creating calculated fields (measures) in a pivot table
• An introduction to the DAX formula language to create simple calculated columns
• How to effectively use VLOOKUP and INDEX MATCH functions
• Getting familiar with the VBA Editor
• Understanding VBA jargon such as procedures, modules, methods and properties
• How to edit an existing macro
• Using VBA to control what happens a file is opened or closed
Learn how to use four key advanced features of Excel to speed up your work and increase your knowledge of the application.
This session is aimed at Excel users who have intermediate level knowledge and who wish to take their knowledge and understanding of the application to the next level.
The training will be delivered using Excel 2016 for Windows although much of the functionality is available in earlier versions of Excel
Years of Experience: 30+ years
Areas of Expertise: Microsoft Office and Apple Mac
Mike Thomas has worked in the IT training business since 1989. He is a subject matter expert in a range of technologies including Microsoft Office and Apple Mac. In 2012, he founded theexceltrainer.co.uk where he has produced nearly 200 written and video-based Excel tutorials. He has recorded several Excel training courses for pluralsight.com and in his career delivered hundreds of courses and webinars on a variety of Excel topics.
Mr. Thomas is a Fellow of The Learning and Performance Institute and has worked with and for a large number of global and UK-based companies and organizations across a diverse range of sectors. In addition to training, he also designs and develops Microsoft Office-based solutions that automate key business tasks and processes.View all trainings by this speaker