This webinar has been approved for 1 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form.
"For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org. The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute's® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval."
Training Doyens is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is valid for 1 PDC for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org.
This program qualifies for 1.0 hours of Continuing Education Credit for enrolled agents under Treasury Department Circular #230 Section 10.6(g).
Dec of 2017 - The Tax cuts and jobs act was passed and it was one of the most significant tax changes in sometime. This webinar will prepare the payroll professional to understand all the changes and how to implement them.
This will prepare the participant to understand and deal with all the 2018 payroll tax changes along with how to properly implement them. This webinar will also give the participant some insight on what may be coming in 2019.
• Federal Tax Withholding Changes
o Basic federal withholding
o Supplemental Taxation
o Back up withholding
o Non-resident Aliens
o Form W-4
• Federal Tax Levies
• Fringe Benefits
o Moving Expenses
o Employee Achievement Awards
o Legal Settlements
o Wage Advance's and Repayments
• Equity Compensation-Stock and RSU
• State Withholding Concern’s
• Tax Reform is one of the most impact tax changes to the US and US employers in decades. This webinar will give you everything you need to know to understand what is changing and how to implement at your organizations.
• Review of what the Tax Reform bill is changing
• Outline how these changes impact other payroll related processes that you may not have thought about.
• Review of the IRS official guidance that is to be released late January
• Understand how employers can comply and handle changes that are to be implemented in such a short period of time.
• Learn best practices on how to communicate to employees how these changes impact them. Plus how to properly handle questions to make sure employers are not held liable for bad information.
• Details of changes to taxation on certain fringe benefits and clarification on taxation of other fringe benefits.
• Review of potential form changes
• Review of impact on state taxation
Payroll, Accounting and HR professionals
Years of Experience: 17+ years
Areas of Expertise: Payroll and Tax
Dayna is currently the Director of Payroll Operations at Ann & Robert Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago. Dayna has been heavily involved in the payroll field over 17 years. Starting as a payroll clerk at a small Tucson company, Dayna moved on to be a Payroll Team Leader at Honeywell Inc. During Dayna’s time at Honeywell she obtained her FPC (Fundamental Payroll Certification) through the American Payroll Association. She also received several merit awards for Customer Service and Acquisitions and Divestitures. Dayna is no stranger to teaching she has taught at the Metro Phoenix American Payroll Association meetings and at the Arizona State Payroll Conference.
Topics including Payroll Basics, Global/Cultural Awareness, Immigration Basics for the Payroll Professional, Multi-State and Local Taxation and Quality Control for Payroll, International and Canadian payroll. Dayna has her CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) through the APA. She also serves on the National American Payroll Association on the National Strategic Leadership Task Force, Government Affairs Task Force (PA Local tax subcommittee).
Dayna has received a Citation of Merit for her service along with being a Gold Pin member of the APA. Besides her payroll accomplishments Dayna is certified in HR hiring and firing practices and is a Six-Sigma Greenbelt.UpView all trainings by this speaker