There are changes to the NACHA Operating Rules each year. To remain in compliance with the Rules, the upcoming changes to be covered will include: Details of the funds availability requirement for the last and final phase of Same Day ACH (March 2018); Responsibility of the ODFI and the TPS Registration process which ends in March of 2018. Discussion on other regulatory changes, such as the major changes to Regulation CC (Availability of Funds and Collection of Checks) which was amended by the Federal Reserve Bank, Board of Governors on May 31, 2017 and will become effective on July 1, 2018. In addition, details on the proposed rules by NACHA to expand Same Day ACH in the future.
The NACHA Operating Rules need to be followed by all financial institutions who process ACH transactions. This webinar will provide all the details necessary to help them stay in compliance with all the changes coming in 2018! Topics such as the NEWLY adopted 2017 Third-Party Sender Registration Rule – with details; an overview of the 2016 significant changes and how they affect each participant. Included will be the details on the Return thresholds and the Rules Enforcement process surrounding them. The newly implemented rule change on the charges for unauthorized entries, (the ODFI pays the RDFI) and what are the return reason codes to monitor more closely.
• How the 2017 TPS Registration – compliance requirements for the ODFI
• Funds availability requirements for Same Day ACH credits for the last and final phase (Phase 3) of Same Day ACH
• Identify other changes in the regulatory space that affect your payment processing
• Reg CC (Availability of Funds and Collection of Checks) changes that are effective in 2018
• NACHA’s proposed Rule Changes to Same Day ACH
• Identify the recent Rules changes (in 2017)
• Describe the elements of recent Rules changes to ensure FI’s and companies are in compliance with these recent changes
• Outline the changes to Reg CC on availability of funds and collection of checks which becomes effective July 1, 2018
• Review proposed changes to Same Day ACH in the future
• Financial Institution professionals (new/current operations staff)
• Banking Operations managers and staff
• Compliance and Risk professionals
• Treasury Management professionals
• Aspiring and current AAP’s (Accredited ACH Professionals)
• Company / Business Owners (Originators)
• Banking Managers/ Supervisors
• Audit and Compliance Personnel / Risk Managers
Years of Experience: 34+ years
Areas of Expertise: Payment Processing
Donna K Olheiser, AAP, is the vice president of Education Services and founder of Dynamic Mastership, LLC. She is an enthusiastic and energetic Certified Master Trainer with over 14 years' training experience. She has designed and facilitated over 100 training sessions each year with her expertise being the rules for companies and financial institutions when processing electronic (specifically ACH) payments, then scheduling the events to facilitate and deliver the material through a variety of venues (webinars, teleseminars, in-person workshops, including regional and national conferences).
Her extensive knowledge, enthusiasm and passion for transferring payment processing knowledge using the adult learning theory is remarkable and has helped many payment professionals perform daily operational tasks including exception processing while remaining compliant with the NACHA Operating Rules. She uses scenarios and examples to bring the learning home, easy to comprehend and apply to real-life day-to-day ACH processing. Ms. Olheiser's ability to engage the learner through the entire training event helps the adult learner apply what they've learned during and after each training session.
She has over 24 years of experience in the financial services industry which includes 9 years' experience as the education service director at a Regional Payments Association (RPA), where she managed and facilitated the entire education program for nearly 800 financial institution members. Prior to that, Ms. Olheiser spent 14 years in various departments with the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis and also holds the Accredited ACH Professional (AAP) designation (achieved in 2004).View all trainings by this speaker