Human error is known to be the primary cause of quality and production losses in many industries. Although it is unlikely that human error will ever be eliminated, many human performance problems can be prevented. Human errors start at the design stage. Procedures play a vital role in human reliability. Nevertheless, it is important to understand human behavior and the psychology of error as well as understand exactly where the instructions weaknesses are so that procedures can be human engineered, improved and fixed.
This webinar offers practical approaches to address writing rules to reduce the likelihood of procedures.
Human errors are inevitable but the chances can be reduced by understanding human psychology. One can assess human behavior and apply specific strategies to minimize performance problems.
Topics covered include:
• Human Error Categories
• Human limitations related to cognition
• Cognitive Load Categories that affect memory, attention and decision making.
• How to prepare the floor assessment
• What to look for when doing the assessment
• How to present results
• How to present recommendations
• Know the definitions of cognitive load factors. Learn the Human Factors (20% Individual Performance).
• Learn the questions and possible answers.
• How to assess the areas.
• How to collect the responses.
• How to analyze the responses and determine the cognition levels.
• How to report the level of risk for Human Errors
• Recommend solutions
• GMP regulated industries but also ANY industry that wants to reduce human error.
• QA/QC directors and managers
• Process improvement/excellence professionals
• Training directors and managers
• Plant engineering
• Compliance officers
• Regulatory professionals
• Executive management
• Manufacturing operations directors
• Human factors professionals
Years of Experience: 23+ years
Areas of Expertise: Engineering Psychology and Human Reliability
Ginette Collazo, Ph. D. is an Industrial-Organizational Psychologist with 20 years of experience that specializes in Engineering Psychology and Human Reliability, disciplines that study the interaction between human behavior and productivity. She has held positions leading training and human reliability programs in the Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Manufacturing Industry.
Ten years ago, Dr. Collazo established Human Error Solutions (HES), a Florida based boutique consulting firm, where she has been able to position herself as one of the few Human Error Reduction Experts in the world. HES, led by Dr. Collazo, developed a unique methodology for human error investigations, cause determination, CA-PA development and effectiveness that has been implemented and proven amongst different industries globally. This scientific method has been applied in critical quality situations and workplace accidents.View all trainings by this speaker