Going beyond the basics of what not to ask interviewees, the Interviewing Skills for Supervisors: Keys to Conducting Effective Candidate Interviews webinar focuses on what you really need to know to conduct revealing interviews to help identify people who not only have the skills you need, but who are truly also the best fit for your company and your specific staffing goals while also complying with applicable laws and the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO).
The webinar will provide you with a clear vision and strategy of interviewing candidates and selecting the most suitable one for your organization without any confusion. The webinar discusses techniques that every skilled interviewer must apply to the hiring process.
• Getting a clear picture of your interviewing goals
• How to effectively prepare to conduct candidate interview s
• 8 essentials interviewing skills
• How to choose appropriate questions and questioning techniques based on goals and criteria
• Questioning approaches to avoid
• Questions interviewees are likely to ask so you can be prepared to respond
• Common interviewer bias errors to avoid
• Key listening (and interpretation!) skills for conducing effective interviews
• Tips for effectively comparing applicants
• Additional tips and techniques to utilize for effective interviewing
• Decision making/selection criteria
Learn how to conduct effective interviews by choosing the most relevant questions and analyzing candidates as per your organizational goals.
• HR professionals
• Talent acquisition professionals
• Staffing professionals
• Business owners
• Project managers
• Selection committee members
• Other professionals involved in candidate interviewing and selection
Years of Experience: 30+ years
Areas of Expertise: Talent Development and Building Better Workplaces
Mary Gormandy White, M.A., SHRM-SCP, SPHR is managing director of MTI Business Solutions, a leading corporate training/talent development firm working with clients throughout the U.S. She specializes in training, assessment and consulting services focused on building better workplaces through developing skills related to HR, management, leadership, workplace relationships, communication, team building, conflict management, employee selection and more.
Mary holds graduate and undergraduate degrees in Communication and her certifications include Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) and Everything DiSC® Certified Trainer/Accredited Workplace Facilitator, PXT SelectTM Certified Professional and The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team Authorized Partner. Mary’s professional background includes extensive experience in management, HR, instructional design and more. She is a frequent keynote speaker at conferences and association meetings nationwide.View all trainings by this speaker