Training Doyens is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is valid for 1 PDC for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org.
Don't spend another day worrying that you and your organization might end up in legal trouble from immigration law violations. The crucial information provided in this one-hour webinar will give you the knowledge and know-how needed to ensure your documentation is filled out appropriately, your records are kept correctly and your organization is legally compliant.
Immigration law is one of the most pertinent and publicized issues in the United States right now. Businesses across all industries and of all sizes are being affected. More than ever before, the courts are penalizing organizations like yours — and people like you — for failing to comply with complex and ever-changing immigration regulations.
It can be difficult to keep up with all of the most current information concerning immigration regulations, including the most recent employment verification rules and I-9 form changes. During this webinar we’ll cover all of the basics as well as the best practices you’ll need to know to stay in compliance!
• Why it's critical to undertake an internal audit of your I-9 records now
• The penalties for I-9 forms missing signatures, dates or box checkmarks
• How to properly correct I-9 form errors
• Mandatory time frames for completing each section of the I-9
• When a new hire must provide you with his/her social security number
• Tips for properly verifying employee eligibility through documentation
• Options for re-verifying information or updating re-hire information in Section 3
• Which documents are required by the new I-9 for verifying identity and work eligibility
• Strategies to avoid becoming personally liable for signing the I-9
Organizations across the country are suffering the consequences of innocent mistakes made with regard to employment verification and other immigration laws. This webinar will cover all of the basics and best practices you’ll need to know to stay in full compliance with federal immigration laws and avoid costly fines and violations.
HR professionals, managers and supervisors, small business owners and anyone who is responsible for hiring and ensuring employment verification compliance.
Years of Experience: 15+
Areas of Expertise: HR Compliance and Procedures
Kristin Robinson, MBA, SPHR, is president of Cadence Human Resource Management, LLC an HR consultancy group working with companies of all sizes and industries to strengthen their human resources function. Cadence is an integrated partner with the company’s leadership, focused on delivering measurable results with highly creative, non-conventional tools and ideas to get to the next level focusing on HR compliance and HR processes and procedures.View all trainings by this speaker