Search the web for the phrase "Power Users" and you'll probably find that it's defined as someone who has an intermediate-to-advanced knowledge of an application. That's what this training is about; showing you some "wow moments" and at the same time taking your knowledge of Excel to the next level and helping you become more productive.
This intensive 3-hour virtual boot camp is designed to help business professionals take advantage of the power of Pivot Tables and Power Pivot - two of Excel's most useful and powerful Business Intelligence and Data Analysis tools.
As a basic-level user of Excel you'd love to reduce the number of "hair-tearing-out" moments. You'd love to be able to do things faster so you can go home on time. You'd love to be seen as an "Excel Hero" in your organization. As an added bonus, because Excel is so widely used across the globe, having good-to-excellent Excel skills means you'll be more marketable in today’s highly competitive job market!
Learning how to create Pivot Tables is one of the must have skills for anyone who needs to use Excel to quickly build reports and summaries. This training will provide you with a solid foundation that you can use to build your own Pivot Tables and reports.
This is a 100% example-based comprehensive training with special focus on speed, automation and efficiency (the keys to becoming a power-user). Session highlights include…
• Data entry shortcuts including Transpose, AutoFill and Flash Fill
• Taking Find and Replace to the next level
• Automating cell formatting with Conditional Formatting
• Creating and managing dynamic ranges
• Pivot Table Power Tips
• Creating charts
• Heat maps and other data visualizations
• Using data across worksheets
• Using protection to "bullet-proof" your spreadsheets
• VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP functions
• IF and other "Logic" functions
• Creating a basic macro to automate a task
• You should attend this training if you need to use Excel to quickly build reports and summaries or if you simply want to learn how to create Pivot Tables to improve your knowledge of Excel.
• You don't have to be proficient in the use of Excel to attend. If you can create basic worksheets and can copy and paste and apply basic formatting to cells, you’ll be able to follow along.
• Financial consultants
• Medical Devices
• Human Resource
• Logistics & Supply Chain
Years of Experience: 30+ years
Areas of Expertise: Microsoft Office and Apple Mac
Mike Thomas has worked in the IT training business since 1989. He is a subject matter expert in a range of technologies including Microsoft Office and Apple Mac. In 2012, he founded theexceltrainer.co.uk where he has produced nearly 200 written and video-based Excel tutorials. He has recorded several Excel training courses for pluralsight.com and in his career delivered hundreds of courses and webinars on a variety of Excel topics.
Mr. Thomas is a Fellow of The Learning and Performance Institute and has worked with and for a large number of global and UK-based companies and organizations across a diverse range of sectors. In addition to training, he also designs and develops Microsoft Office-based solutions that automate key business tasks and processes.View all trainings by this speaker