Learn how to effectively use different skill sets to engage employees is key to being a manager. Managing your career using a mentor, coach and a good manager will provide you the feedback you need.
Talented human capital will be the prime ingredient of business success” in the future. Organizational culture that values mentorship and coaching and includes constructive and timely feedback.
• Learn the different skills to mentor, coach, and manager
• Learn the role of a mentor, coach and manager in team engagement and employee loyalty
• Successful career management by employees means accountability and getting formal and informal feedback
• Learn how to use all three skills and what to expect from each different role in providing career enhancement
• Learn the role of feedback from the three different types that can enhance your career
• Managing employees and motivating them to achieve their best requires a variety of skills
• Understanding the difference in the role of a mentor vs. role of a coach vs. a role of a manager will help managing employees
Leaders, managers, individual contributors, high potentials, baby boomers, etc.
Years of Experience: 20+ years
Areas of Expertise: Leadership, Executive Presence, Career Transitioning and Communication Skills
She has been coaching leaders for 15 years and consults on talent and leadership development, assessment tools, and leadership models. She uses premium assessments and 360s tools to solidify her clients’ understanding of their strengths and developmental areas. Her coaching approach increases her clients’ success rates in reaching their goals and broadening their career opportunities.
Clients agree after working with Valerie they have:
She demonstrates superior professionalism and discretion with her clients. She was featured in Choice Magazine (coaching industry publication) in the September 2016 issue for her article on “Generational Similarities and How to Manage the Multi-Generational Workplace”.
Valerie has 20+ years of leadership experience at ATT and HP (EDS) in product management, financial analysis, economic analysis, and regulatory affairs. This business experience along with her current entrepreneurial success benefits her clients; they view Valerie as someone who understands and has firsthand experience with organizational situations.
She presents webinars on current leadership topics, team leadership, coaching models for managers/leaders, ways to engage and motivate employees, and leadership for the 21st century and multi-generational workplace.
She is certified by the global standards organization, ICF at PCC level; she also mentors and assesses new coaches as part of their coaching certification. She received her coaching training at University of Texas Dallas in Organizational Behavior and Executive Coaching.
She is certified in premium assessment and 360s: MBTI, Hogan, DISC, Extraordinary Leader 360, MLQ 360, Lominger Voices.View all trainings by this speaker