Training Doyens is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is valid for 1 PDC for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org.
Difficult people are everywhere
• Their numbers are small but their impact is large
• Habitual behavior that affects most of the people with who they come in contact
• Frustrate and demoralize Loss of productivity and absenteeism
• Companies lose customers or clients
When people encounter a difficult person they think they have done something to provoke the person or did something wrong----that is not the case. It is the difficult person who is not interacting in a businesslike manner and is disruptive
What do you do when you encounter a difficult person
The presentation gives you action steps and processes that work
• Analyze your reaction – what do you have control over
• What makes it difficult for you?
• What is the problem from your perspective?
• Strategies and steps to manage and handle the situation
• Business communication and styles
• Learn how to identify a difficult boss
• Common Mistakes people make with difficult bosses
• Ways to be Manage the difficult boss
• Steps to handle the different types of difficult people
• Identify the different types of difficult people
• individual contributors,
• high potentials,
• baby boomers
• HR Managers
• Senior Management
• Sales and Marketing
• Employee Relationship Manager
• Staffing Manager
Years of Experience: 20+ years
Areas of Expertise: Leadership, Executive Presence, Career Transitioning and Communication Skills
She has been coaching leaders for 15 years and consults on talent and leadership development, assessment tools, and leadership models. She uses premium assessments and 360s tools to solidify her clients’ understanding of their strengths and developmental areas. Her coaching approach increases her clients’ success rates in reaching their goals and broadening their career opportunities.
Clients agree after working with Valerie they have:
She demonstrates superior professionalism and discretion with her clients. She was featured in Choice Magazine (coaching industry publication) in the September 2016 issue for her article on “Generational Similarities and How to Manage the Multi-Generational Workplace”.
Valerie has 20+ years of leadership experience at ATT and HP (EDS) in product management, financial analysis, economic analysis, and regulatory affairs. This business experience along with her current entrepreneurial success benefits her clients; they view Valerie as someone who understands and has firsthand experience with organizational situations.
She presents webinars on current leadership topics, team leadership, coaching models for managers/leaders, ways to engage and motivate employees, and leadership for the 21st century and multi-generational workplace.
She is certified by the global standards organization, ICF at PCC level; she also mentors and assesses new coaches as part of their coaching certification. She received her coaching training at University of Texas Dallas in Organizational Behavior and Executive Coaching.
She is certified in premium assessment and 360s: MBTI, Hogan, DISC, Extraordinary Leader 360, MLQ 360, Lominger Voices.View all trainings by this speaker